chapter 13

They all looked at me making me sigh. I licked my dry lips and look out the window.

"I lied before," I said and bit my lips, "you asked if I knew what we're dealing with and I told you I had no clue"

I stood up and hugged myself and faced them.

"I made this, "I said with a small laugh "-it sounds crazy but it's true, I build this place inside my head-The reality, the stories, my fantasies collided as one...creating Omelas"

"What do you mean?"Jimin asked before anyone else could.

I closed my eyes "I lost my father when I was 15. He was diagnosed with cancer, when I lost him I was taken in by my aunt and she wasn't very nice. I started to hate my life since then."

I placed the book on the table and breathed out.

" He would always tell me his stories beautifully, so adventurously"I smiled painfully "so I decided to tell him one of mine, I was young and made up stupid things and from that moment on we started to make new chapters each day... it became our thing and that thing became our bond."

I wiped my tears and sniffed.

"What I didn't know is that he wrote it down. Every single word. A few days later after his death, I found the book in his backpack" I said as they looked at it.

"Now this is creepy" Hana whispered.

She moved to the last page and frowned.

"Was it supposed to end like this?"Hana asked as Namjoon took the book.

"After knowing the truth-...Leave? Leave without Taehyung?" he asked.

"It was the motto of Omelas," Jimin said as the girls began to shiver in fear.

"The crawls, "the girls said.

"We can't leave without him, "Lia said.

Mina frowned at me and noticed my uneasiness.

"What happened after you found it Area?" she asked making them look at me.

"The plan was summoning an angel and bringing my father back- hilarious I know, but I was 15 and I used the wrong ingredients", I said making their mouth drop.

"Wait what," they said.

"How-why?!"

"I was alone ok! Being abused by my own family wasn't the life I expected to have!.... I just wanted him back"

"Who did you summon?"Miyeon asked on behalf of the others.

I swallowed and breathed out shaky breaths.

"A demon?..."

"You did what?"Yoongi and Hoseok asked.

"The demon I communicated with told me he would help. I closed my eyes and I began to think about my father, the precious moments we had but then I opened them immediately and he was... gone"

"You summoned a demon, "Jin said bluntly.

"Which kind of moments did you think about?"Lia asked about all the fuss that has been made.

"When we made our story, "I said.

"Area," Lia said.

"I didn't know, all I wanted was him but the demon saw through it all,"  I said as a tear slipped my eyes " I created omelas, yes! but I never created the sufferings! It wasn't in the book!  It was supposed to be a happy place but...he changed it and since then the ending of the book stayed that way, no matter what I did I couldn't change it. I only waited for it to be on the news but a couple  of years after...teenagers began to disappear"

"How do you stop it?"Jimin asked feeling angry.

"You can't-"

"Because of you! my friend is suffering!!"Jimin yelled as his friend held him back "he is suffering for things he didn't even do, how can you be so-"

"Jimin calm down"Namjoon hissed.

"We need to get him back", Jungkook said.

"Is there any way to stop it except the way that your father wrote? Or the demon?"Lia asked as I shook my head.

"What happened to the boy in the story, I mean after we walk away?"Soyeon asked.

"I don't know, the story stops there. There's no book two-"

"Area please, this is no story"Lia begged.

"He'll keep on suffering, "I said making them all shift uncomfortably.

Jimin was angry. I didn't blame him for it. Everyone was angry but still, they choose not to say anything.

"No matter how much you get closer....there will be always a gap between you and Taehyung-...."I stopped talking and frowned at myself.

The others look at me as I walked toward the book that was placed on the table by Jungkook.

I held it while breathing heavily. My heartbeat kept on increasing but I calmed myself down and opened it.

I turned a few pages as the others asked what I was doing. I didn't seem to find what I was searching for.

One word.

Just one word.

A familiar one.

I found it and immediately began to read it when I read the whole sentence...I looked slowly at Lia. She looked back at me with a frown.

"What?-"

"He was right," I said unbelievable "Taehyung was right"

"About what?"Hana asked as I laughed slightly.

"I know, "I said "Lia I know!"