chapter 7

Lia
I followed the voice but I guess it left me stranded somewhere out of Omelas.

But I remember this place. It was from my dream.

I looked around and saw the same phonebooth but it was old and broken.

I walked towards it and turned around

"Why did you bring me here?"I asked.

I took a step back but my foot was caught in something which made me fall to the ground.

I grunted as I look back at my feet. A chain. I grabbed it and pulled it but it was stuck. I stood up and dusted off my clothes and began to pull the chain with all my strength.

The chain brought me to some sort of door, it was attached to it so I pulled the chain as the wooden door rose. It fell on the ground with a loud tut as I sneezed when the dust surrounded me.

When the air became clear I look down at the opening. I took my phone out and turned my flashlight on.

Stairs.

"Please don't guide me to my death" I breathed out.

I looked around and sighed. I began to walk down the stairs very slowly. I look around but there was nothing to see.

It was like a cave. A big cave.

I kept walking down until I hear sobs.

"Hello?"I ask "is there anyone here?"

Area
I walked into the shop with a racing heart. I looked around as my eyes searched for Jimin.

My breaths were shallow as I placed my hands on my forehead.

I saw an old woman sitting there but I didn't want to disturb her.

My heart was racing as I couldn't find him.

"Where are you?"I asked as I look around. There were no signs of him anywhere.

I sighed heavily as I gave up. I was about to walk out of the shop until I hear the old woman speak.

"Are you the one that's been searching for me?" she asked with a weak smile.

"No I'm here for Jim...in-"my heart stood still as I look around and walk closer to her "are you miss Darius?"

She nodded and motioned me to take a seat.

I sat in front of her as I let my hands slip into my bag as I pressed the button of my recording tape.

"I...uh I wanted to ask you about this place," I said as I took a picture from my bag "if it's a heavy task for you to remember then I will not-"

"Omelas," she said as she ran her fingers through the picture with a smile "you want to know about Omelas. Tell me why you want to know about this"

"I'm a journalist and 20 students are missing-"

"The real reason Area," she said making me freeze "tell me why you want to know so badly about it".

She knows my name.

"You know my name," I said confused "how?"

"I've been waiting for you," she said.

There was silence making me think about something else but then she spoke.

"Jimin said you were looking for me," she said making me breathe out slightly.

"Well yes, "I said and rubbed my forehead.

"Now tell me why you want to know about it," she said.

A picture popped inside my head as tears almost got visible in my eyes but I brushed it off.

"You're here for someone," she said making me look at her.

I smiled slightly.

She looked at the picture and placed it back on the table.

"Omelas...." she placed the picture back on the table "Omelas is the place that the youth wished for then and wishes for now isn't it? Some may give it a different name but it will always be called Omelas, The place of the youngsters. Omelas was just like any other fairytale story, the day begins and ends the same. Isn't it what you wished for Area?"

I looked at her.

How-

How does she know?.

I looked at her speechless and she notices it.

"Let me tell you a story," she said"there was once a group of boys who stumbled upon the gates of this unknown city. Seven of them. They were quite happy and selfish but it's a mind of a teenager. They had fun and that was always guaranteed. But one of them was different. He was feeling left out for some reason. He doubted himself very much-Even though the other boys treated him well, that couldn't change his feeling about how he felt to his true self. He had no self-love. One night after several days they all decided to camp out of the hotel. Everything that has to do with happiness..."

I looked at her when she pauses.

"Ended that day. They couldn't stop what was about to happen, no one could. Screaming out his name, screaming for him to come back, screaming to run... away"

"What do you mean?"I asked as she looks at me which brought shivers to my spine.

"The name remains the same as the fate Area. Omelas is your fantasy island. Cherish the truth and everything else only for you to stay, or deny your fantasy then your life could never be the same" she said as she looked outside and smiled "some couldn't move on from what they've seen,"

I followed her gaze until my eyes caught the sight of Jimin sitting by the bench with his eyes closed.

The wind blew through his hair and the dry leaves flew slightly around him.

"He couldn't move on from what he saw and what he lost. So he stayed"

"Jimin?"I asked confused at the woman.

"I'm the wrong person to search for darling, and I know you found the right one"

"What does this have to do with him?" I asked as she smiled at me.

"He was one of the seven boys, he was supposed to be the lost boy but his best friend exchange his life to save his"