Chapter 7: You Gotta Put The Past Behind Ya

The next day...

After some Cobra Kai students left their original dojo and joined Miyagi-Do, you, Sam, Robby, and Demetri were all hard at work. Since the house was a mess, you were all sweeping, painting, sanding, picking up trash, planting/replanting bonsai trees, and wiping things down.

Soon enough, Miyagi-Do's appearance was back to normal with only a few more things to fix.

You, Sam, Demetri, and Robby were trying to lift a heavy rock, but your efforts seem to be to no avail. Sam turns to you and says...

Samantha LaRusso: "Listen, about the other night... I..."

Y/N: "I meant everything that I said, Sammy. I got your back. No reason to feel uncomfortable, right?" You say with a smile.

Samantha LaRusso: "Right. Exactly."

Demetri: "Sorry to interrupt you guys' little moment but, uh, are you guys lifting? Because I feel like I'm doing nothing here."

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm out. There's way more stuff to do that's easier. C'mon y'all." You leave and head to the house with Sam. Robby sighs and decides to leave as well.

The new Miyagi-Do students arrive at the dojo and help do stuff you and the others had not gotten to yet. But while you and Robby were checking up out front, Daniel walks out of the house to find Chris and Demetri arguing.

Chris: "You think I'm just gonna let you diss me?"

Demetri: "I didn't diss you. It was constructive criticism."

Daniel LaRusso: "Hey, what's going on here?

Chris: "This nerd called me an imbecile. And I told him he can't just drop a challenge and leave."

Daniel LaRusso: "Okay, so, you guys have some beef with each other."

Demetri: "No, no, no. This isn't a two-sides-to-every-story situation. He was
the clear-cut aggressor."

Chris: "I already told you I was sorry."

Daniel LaRusso: "Guys, enough. I'm gonna give you both a mission. You see this stone?" He points to Mr. Miyagi's large rock with Japanese symbols on it. "You're gonna pick it back up."

Demetri: "How are we supposed to do that?"

Daniel LaRusso: "Good old-fashioned teamwork." He slaps Chris on the shoulder and walks away.

Inside the dojo, you and Daniel were sitting on the karate mat across from every ex-Cobra Kai defector other than Chris. Everyone was in a criss-cross position and Daniel looks peaceful while the ex-Cobra Kais await their instruction.

Daniel LaRusso: "So, what is the purpose of karate?" He asks them.

A short Asian kid with round, black-rimmed glasses named Nathaniel speaks.