Chapter 13: From Stitches To Suitcases

A/N: Thank you for all the supportive comments, votes, and messages! This will be the beginning of "Season 3" but, for every new season of Cobra Kai, I'll call it a new act.

ACT II

12 days after the school fight, you were watching the news in your bedroom.

A news reporter flashes up on the screen, standing outside of your school.

Reporter: "It was nearly two weeks ago today at West Valley High, where what can only be described as an "all-out karate riot" caught students and faculty off-guard, sending shock waves through the entire Valley." The screen changes to a black woman with braided hair.

Woman: "We got enough to worry about these days. Now we got karate gangs in schools?"

It changes again, this time moving to a middle-aged white man in a Hawaiian shirt.

Man: "There was a karate attack at the mall a couple of months back. I thought karate died out in the '80s."

The screen changes once more, now showcasing a peace rally with Moon strumming a guitar at the center of it.

Reporter: "Earlier today, students organized a peaceful gathering of prayer and song at the local park."

The camera zooms in on Moon. Her smiling face and admiration for the people with her make you smile faintly. But you find the TV turned off. I glanced backward angrily at your mother, who tosses the remote onto a pile of clothes.

Y/N: "Ugh! Seriously?"

M/N: "Yes, seriously. You're recovering snd the last thing you need is the media weighing down on you. Besides, you're only 16. Shouldn't you be on Instagram or Snaptok?" She brings in a bowl of soup and gives it to you on a bedside tray.

Y/N: "Snaptok? How old are you?" You joke. Your mom playfully throws the napkin in your face and sighs.

M/N: "At least you're making jokes again. Ya hardly spoke to us a few days ago."

You look down and exhale.

M/N: "Remember Y/N, never let anyone or anything in life kick you down."

Y/N: *scoffs* "Yeah, well, life sure gave me a kick alright, I looove the feeling of just getting the stitches off my cheek and three sensitive ribs, don't you?" You flop on your pillows.

M/N: *sigh* "Y/N, I know you're stressed, regretful, and hurting, and I know it's hard but, I'm here to help. But soon, you can go back to school and see all of your friends. Put all the karate rivalry drama behind you. But first, some people would like to see you."

You get confused, so you watch as your mom opens the door to let in Daniel and your girlfriend, Sam. Since you hadn't seen or talked to either of them in days, you practically jumped out of bed at the sight of them.

Y/N: "Mr. LaRusso! Sam! It's so good to see you!"

Sam giggles and hugs you before kissing you. You smile into the kiss and melt into her arms for a moment before Daniel clears his throat to get your attention.

Daniel LaRusso: "You know I'm standing right here."

You stop kissing Sam, look at him, and chuckle nervously. Daniel grins and pulls you into a hug.

Daniel LaRusso: "It's great to see you again, Y/N. I missed you."

Y/N: "Me too."

After letting go of him, you start feeling truly happy for the first time in a while.