Chapter 11: Training and Partying

In a training montage, you and Sam were doing some kata training on the beach. While you were training at your best, Sam seemed to be training like a fire was lit underneath her. With every movement, she was more focused, driven, and balanced than ever before.

Y/N: 'Dang, I better pick up the slack.' You thought as the waves hit the sandy shore.

At the Miyagi-Do dojo, you, Sam, and Robby were leading everyone in warmups. You all kicked, punched, swept, and elbowed in the air.

Back at the beach, you and Sam do a yoga pose as the rising sun lights your surroundings.

You both stop your beach training to kiss which afterward makes Sam smile.

Then, a voiceover plays while she does some light punches in the air at the beach.

Samantha LaRusso: [voiceover] Everyone's got a sob story. Doesn't give you the right to be a bully.

Back at the Miyagi-Do dojo, Sam watches an Instagram story of Tory punching a punching bag at the Cobra Kai dojo. With a look of determination, she starts savagely punching and kicking Miyagi-Do's punching bag.

From afar, you raise your eyebrows and whistle, amazed with Sam's moves. Robby nudges you and smiles.

Robby Keene: "Looks like you just got demoted to third best student, Y/N." He slaps you on the shoulder and heads inside the dojo as you sigh and follow him.

Y/N: "Guess that means you're fourth-best." You call out to him.

3 hours later...

At your house, you sit down on your bed when the text comes through.

samlarusso (Samantha LaRusso in text): Hey babe. Moon's throwing a party at her place tonight and she said I could invite you and the rest of Miyagi-Do too. That is... if you wanna come.

You smirk and reply.

y/n_l/ntheninja (You in text): Lemme guess, she's throwing a peaceful party with yoga mats, scented candles, and goats?

samlarusso: Hahaha. You'd want to go to that kind of party?

y/n_l/ntheninja: If it's with you, I'd go anywhere. Except for clown parties. Clowns just freak me out a little, y'know?

samlarusso: Aww~, wittle Nonny can't handle a high school party

y/n_l/ntheninja: I can handle it, it's just that if anything happens to you and I'm responsible for it, your parents will NOT be happy

samlarusso: Don't worry. It's just a Miyagi-Do karate party at Moon's.

y/n_l/ntheninja: Alright, alright, I'll go. But, let me pick you and Robby up tonight.

samlarusso: Okay, I will. Don't be late, kay?

y/n_l/ntheninja: I'll be ready

samlarusso: Great! Talk to you soon, babe. Mwah ;)

You smile and put your phone away before looking in your closet.

Y/N: "And I know just what to wear."

A couple of hours later, you put on a gray hoodie with the Miyagi-Do Karate logo on it you had designed yourself.