Chapter 6: All In

Come to find out, Demetri wasn't exactly the best at Miyagi-Do karate training. Everyone else wasn't even sure he really wanted to be here. He seemed to be uninterested, and he wasn't being patient with Mr. LaRusso. He complained about adding a fresh coat of paint on both sides of the fence (even though he acknowledged it as muscle memory), painting the house, using the wax on-wax off technique, and he got a splinter while sanding the floor. In the end, he complains about having to pee.

While you feel kinda bad for your new Miyagi-Do friend, the complaining was a bit annoying. Daniel, however, displayed much patience in the process of teaching Demetri, never raising his voice or getting irritated.

The next day...

You were on Yelp and saw the review Demetri left on Cobra Kai which roasted all aspects of the dojo.

Y/N: 'Dang! Demetri destroyed Cobra Kai in this review. 'Very unprofessional sensei', 'Does not take into account safety or personal boundaries', 'facility in need of a major face-lift.' Woo, he showed 'em. Heck, he even has Yelp Elite status. Whatever that means...'

Robby, Sam, and you were on the deck of the pond, practicing the wheel technique. Sam loses her footing and almost slips, to which you reach out and steady her before she falls.

Y/N: "You okay, Princess?"

Samantha LaRusso: "Y-yeah."

You wink at her and get back into position before you three start the wheel technique again.

Robby Keene: "I don't know if we'll ever use this in a fight, but if we're ever forced into a dance battle, we're set." He jokes.

Y/N: "You know me, I'm always down to busting a move." You do a simple dance move without falling which makes your friends laugh.

Demetri: *sees you all on the deck and is easily impressed* "Whoa. Uh, hey, are we doing
shirts versus skins?" He asks while looking at you and Robby since both of you were shirtless. "'Cause I prefer to be a shirt." He looks at Sam and rethinks his statement. "Not saying that you have to be a skin. Unless you want to. I support your right to choose." He tells Sam who awkwardly smiles at him.

Daniel LaRusso: "Demetri. Over here!"

Daniel and Demetri have a conversation and Demetri hands Daniel some kind of note. A bit later, Daniel does a karate move on him but Demetri fails to block it. They talk some more and you decide to get out of the pond and help the skinny kid out. When you're within hearing distance of them, you hear the end of their conversation.

Daniel LaRusso: "Do you want to be here, Demetri?"

Demetri: "Not really..." He admits honestly.

Daniel LaRusso: "Then why are you here?"

Demetri: "My whole life I've been, let's just say, less than popular. But at least I had a few friends. And then Cobra Kai comes to town, and next thing I know, my friends are taking karate and becoming alpha jerks. I'm literally being threatened by my best friend. I just wanted to show I could fight back."

Daniel LaRusso: "Look, I understand what you're going through. I do. But Miyagi-Do isn't about showing off. It's about..."

Demetri: "Self-defense. I know." He interrupts. "Problem is, my self is too weak."

Y/N: *sigh* 'If only there was a way to give him more self-confidence...'

Around noon, you, Sam, and Robby were now at the mall's food court for a well-deserved lunch break. Robby was showing you and Sam his ID.

Y/N: "Oh-ho-ho. Sweet man bun." You comment, smiling at his past picture.

Robby Keene: "I told you it was a horrible picture." He admits with a smirk.