Chapter 19: Inadequate Diplomacy

Daniel arrives home from Okinawa on a Saturday, very pleased with how he revived his business, but Amanda informs him of what happened to Sam and some of the Miyagi-Do students during the laser tag fight. The two then visit the police station to file a restraining order on Kreese just to find out Kreese already filed one on Amanda after she slapped him after hours at Cobra Kai.

Meanwhile...

You were passing by a restaurant called Kitada Sushi on your bike when you saw Tory run into Miguel in an outdoor eating area.

Y/N: "Tory and Miguel?! I better go check this out." You mumble to yourself as you hide behind a large bush.

Tory Nichols: "Miguel?" She says in surprise. "How did you know I worked here?"

Miguel Diaz: "I didn't. I thought you worked at the roller rink."

Tory Nichols: "That's only at night. I gotta' work two jobs now. Mom's not feelin' well."

Y/N: 'Oh my. I never knew she had to work two jobs to support her family.'

Miguel Diaz: "I'm sorry."

Tory Nichols: "No, I'm sorry." She sits down across from him. "I know I should have visited your house after the school fight but I... I didn't know how to help. You were dealing with a lot and--"

Miguel Diaz: "So you did nothing."

Tory gets uncomfortable and tries to search for the right words.

Tory Nichols: "I felt guilty about everything. But we're doing everything we can to get back at Miyagi-Do." Miguel instantly gets confused. "Like Sensei Kreese says: One of us gets hurt, we all get hurt."

Miguel Diaz: "Nobody else got hurt, Tory. I'm the one who broke Robby's arm. Twice. I'm the one who actually has to deal with the consequences of their actions without retaliating or 'getting back' at anyone."

Tory Nichols: "Yeah, I just meant--"

Miguel Diaz: "Yeah, yeah, I know what you meant." He pauses and thinks for a moment. "I never cared about Miyagi-Do or Kreese... I cared about us."

Tory Nichols: "Did you? Or were you just going out with me to get Sam's attention?" She questions.

Miguel Diaz: "Is that what you think?"

Tory Nichols: "You would've got back with her if it wasn't for Y/N. I didn't have a choice."

Miguel Diaz: "Yes you did, Tory! I know you're helping your mom but, you need help." HE says honestly.

Tory Nichols: "You think I'm crazy?" She reacts, taking his statement the wrong way.

Miguel Diaz: "No, I didn't say that--"

Tory Nichols: "Nah, it's okay. Everybody does. I don't give a crap. All that matters is who wins in the end."

Miguel sighs and doesn't know how to respond.

Tory Nichols: "Nice seeing you." She gets up and enters the restaurant as you bicycle away.

Y/N: 'I guess Miguel's shame from his actions makes him not as bad as I made him out to be. I have done and said some terrible stuff to him too.'

Meanwhile at the Miyagi-Do...

Coco was so bored that she decided to sneak into the Miyagi-Do dojo to do some solitary training. But, she found Robby standing on the wooden deck in pond while shirtless. She smirks to herself as she watches Robby start to do some kata. She views him for a while as he calmly moves around the deck by himself and stays completely balanced while doing strikes and sidekicks. She was so entranced by his movement that she bumps into a bonsai tree and kocks it over. Robby opens his eyes and sighs at the sight of Coco.