Chapter 14: New Sights, New Fights

Samantha wakes up first before you, which was quite surprising to her. The plane ride had affected you more than you let on. She let you sleep a little longer so she was now tiptoeing quietly down the hallway. She reaches the backyard and views the beauty of Kurasen Village, the crystal clear blue skies, calming waters, and a few mansions are littered across a mountainside. Sam grins as the morning sun illuminates the serene town.

Yuuma: "Good morning, Samantha-sama." Sam quickly turns and notices Yuuma standing nearby with wide eyes.

Samantha LaRusso: "Oh! Um, good morning. Sorry, I kinda just woke up." Marie looked around.

Yuuma: "My apologies. Did you sleep well? I had housekeeping fluff the pillows hourly."

Samantha LaRusso: "I slept great. The bed was so warm. I'm surprised I even left." She says with a chuckle.

Yuuma: "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Samantha LaRusso: "I don't wanna be a bother, but I was wondering... what's for breakfast?"

Yuuma: "There's a buffet set-up in the kitchen whenever you're ready to eat. I planned a tour of the village for you and Y/N-san at 11 am. Should I go wake him up?"

Samantha LaRusso: "I think he should sleep a little longer. He was definitely more fatigued from the flight than I was."

Yuuma: "I see. Well Samantha-sama, I shall see at the front driveway at 11? Yes?"

Samantha LaRusso: "You bet."

Yuuma nods and bows before starting to walk away.

Samantha LaRusso: "Wait!"

Yuuma turns around and looks at Sam.

Samantha LaRusso: "Since you're a friend, you can just call me Sam. If you want to."

Yuuma: "Oh, okay. See you later..., Sam." He walks away while Sam goes back to looking at the peaceful landscape.

Around noon...

You, Sam, and Yuuma were now walking through Kurasen Village. Part of the town had an imperial Japan vibe to it while the rest was modernized.

Samantha LaRusso: "This is a very beautiful village." She states, looking around. It was quite a beautiful place, better than your uncle had ever described.

Yuuma: "Thank you."

Y/N: "I thought this was a fishing village, why are so many people working in department stores, fast food restaurants, and mall shops? No offense." 

Yuuma: "None was taken, dear cousin. The economics of Kurasen have changed for the better over the past two decades. The people shifted from a local fishing-based to a commercial-based economy, hence bringing more stable jobs, a higher quality of living, and most importantly, Subway." He gets a bag from a delivery girl and hands you and Sam a Subway sandwich.

You three chuckle and continue walking.

For the next couple of days, you and Sam would eat great meals, gets massages, participate in a lot of yoga with Yuuma, and have long afternoon conversations with your uncle. He helps Sam comes to the realization that her and Tory's rivalry was easily avoidable and that she can amend their past wounds before it's too late. He helps you realize that the students of Cobra Kai do not have to be your enemies, since they have bad teachers (Johnny Lawrence and John Kreese), they're "bad students". Convincing one of them to join Miyagi-Do could be what stops the "karate war" entirely. 

Meanwhile, Sam gets closer and closer to a Japanese girl named Haruka, a 16-year-old girl who was visiting her grandparents and lived in The Valley.

She is a very sweet, caring person who is graceful, patient, respectful, and cultured. Despite being Okinawan, some people say she is something of a yamato nadeshiko (an "ideal" Japanese woman). She does have her feisty side, however; at one point she fended off a flirtatious boy with a spinning heel kick.

Haruka gives Sam a contemporary Japanese hairstyle which she keeps for a while.

Your uncle even invited her over for dinner and talked with her for hours. Afterward, you called your parents and told them all about your time.

With three days left on your vacation, you three were making your way to a taxi after leaving the beach. You were about to get in when you hear a sudden crash behind you. Sam and Yuuma jump in surprise before spotting a man whose cart had fallen over, causing his vegetables to be scattered over the ground. Some teens were weighing fruits and vegetables in exchange for money nearby and you decided to help the man.

Y/N: "Whoa, are you alright? Here, I've got it." You and Sam kneel beside the man and begin to gather some carrots back into the basket, which didn't take long. As Sam held the basket, you and the old man right the cart, allowing Sam to set the basket down. You take the cart over to a lean, yet muscular Japanese teen and his gang to be weighed.

You grab the basket of carrots and practically slam it onto the scale, causing everything to mess up. 

???: "Look out! We're working here." One of the goons shouts.

You ignore him as you bend down to pick up the weight, a confused look on his face making Yuuma raise an eyebrow. 

Y/N: "Hold that, cousin." Yuuma takes the weight from your hand and immediately notices the lack of weight.

Yuuma: "What on earth? This weight is extremely light." He hands it back to you. You put a little pressure on the weight, causing it to snap in half in your hands. The market around them immediately erupted into chaos, many people shouting at the teenagers in anger. 

The Crowd: "So, you cheat people! Shame! You cheat! You cheat!"

The group's leader tries shouting at you all as you walk away.

Y/N: "We'll talk to ya sometime when you're not so busy, yeah?" You taunt, making Sam chuckle.

Leader: "OI!!! GET THEM!!!"

Three goons run up to you and in reaction, you and Sam get in front of Yuuma.

Yuuma: "Aaaah! Watch out!"

You kick a goon in the stomach, strike him in the face three times, and throw him to some nearby crates. Sam kicks one goon in the chest and sweeps another one before chopping them in the belly. 

You and Sam team up to keep the goons away from Yuuma as he frantically calls for a car. Sam found herself pinned against the side of a truck and a goon pulls out a knife.

Goon: "Time to carve you new lip!" But before he lunges the knife, you hit his hand with a staff and he yells in pain. You swing at his ribs and knock him down with a strike on the side of his head. Someone else tries to tackle you, but Sam flips them over and punches them in the chest. 

After unleashing a combo of blocks and small strikes, Sam then kicks the leader in the leg and in the face to knock him down.

You examine your surroundings and wipe the dust of your shirt.

Y/N: "We're so awesome."

Samantha LaRusso: "True. But, you were telegraphing your attacks in the middle while I was flawless."

Y/N: "Welp, to each their own."

You two hold hands and walk to Yuuma who was shocked.

Yuuma: "I-I-I... wow."

You and Sam laugh as a Cadillac pulls up and takes you three back to your uncle's house.