Chapter 26: Let's Begin!

The next day...

Everyone was standing in Mr. Miyagi's backyard once again. 

Despite yesterday's meeting seemingly going well, there were a lot of things that needed to be hashed out. 

Elemental Karate wasn't exactly a great name to represent this alliance, but the biggest concern was the slight tension that was still present between the two dojos.

Only time could tell if this alliance would survive the trials and tribulations of the next few months...

Johnny: "Ready? Let's begin!"

Demetri: "Uh, begin what exactly?"

Daniel: "Begin a new era. C'mon guys, we talked about this yesterday. Okay, many of us used to be enemies. But rivalries..." *looks to Johnny briefly* "...don't need to last forever. The All-Valley Tournament is just a few months away, and this year, the stakes are higher than they've ever been. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book. There's only one way we're gonna be able to beat them..."

Johnny: "By kicking their butts so hard they shart themselves."

You, Sam, and Miguel gain a look of confusion.

Johnny: *starts walking around* "We gotta take things to the next level. We're gonna teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us. They strike first? We'll pre-strike!"

Daniel: "Okay, we're getting ahead of ourselves. We are going to respond to what they do..."

Johnny: "Eagles do not respond! They swoop down and take whatever they want. So that's what we're gonna do. Take back the Valley!"

Mitch smirks while nodding.

Daniel: "Take it back in a measured and organized approach."

Johnny: "We bite first!"

Daniel sighs before thinking of something.

Daniel: "Okay, let's just warm up with some simple exercises. All right, line up! And just breathe and follow me."

He starts to begin some kata which you and the Miyagi-Do students follow. 

However, Johnny disregards and says...

Johnny: "Fighting positions! Right leg back. Front kick ready. Hi-yah!"

Mitch accidentally kicks Nate down.

Mitch: "Crap, dude. I'm sorry."

Nate groans in pain while you shake your head.

Moments later, Sensei Lawrence commands Mitch and Bert to fight near Mr. Miyagi's large rock. Everyone watches as the two just punch at each other without any karate moves. Daniel jumps in to split them up.

Daniel: "Hey, hey. You're just swinging at each other." He turns to Johnny. "Don't you teach any defense?"

Mitch: "The best defense is more offense."

Seeing the opportunity, Bert kicks Mitch in the ribs before shoving him into the rock.

Y/N: 'Oof! Wouldn't let that happen to me though.' You thought.

Johnny: "Holy..." 

As Mitch groans in pain, Johnny looks at Daniel.

Johnny: "Why do you have a rock in your dojo?"

Now, Sam and Demetri are circling one another, waiting for the other to attack.

Daniel: "That's it, keep circling. Don't anticipate. Stay focused."