3

The train stopped at Pune station in the early morning. Shehnaaz opened her eyes feeling a heaviness on her shoulder. She turned her head to see Sidharth sleeping on her shoulder with a half opened mouth. Unknowingly she blushed lightly. Sidharth tossed in sleep which made her hit the reality. Immediately, she taped on his shoulder nervously.

Sir, please udiye... Hum Pune aagaye..

Sidharth slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. As soon as he realized their position, he got up from the seat in a jerk.

Ooh... I'm sorry.. Pata nhi chala kab sogaya..

He ran his fingers through his hair and looked away to hide his embarrassment.

He took his bags from under the seat and wore his sunglasses. Shehnaaz stood there awkwardly as she had no idea what to do now. She has no place to go and she knows none.. Other than him.. But who was he??

Sidharth moved towards the door in hurry,  but turned back as he remembered about her.

He came back to their seat only to see that empty. Was he late?? He looked around the compartment and there was no clue of her. The thought of her being alone in this city made him feel uncomfortable. He should have made a conversation with her earlier that he would take her to a safe place.

His heart was beating fast and was feeling restless. He ran out of the train and searched for her in every corner of the station. He went to parking area to find his bike being disheartened.

Bhaiyya ek vada pav aur.

Hearing her voice he turned towards the near by tea shop instantly. He sighed in relief as he saw her standing there with a plate of vada pav in her hand.

Sidharth put his bag on his back and dashed towards her.

Tu achak se kyu gayab hui??

Shehnaaz who was about to take her first bite of her new vada pav, turned towards Sidharth who was staring at her. She put the vada pav back on her plate and gulped down some water.

Wo.. Bhook lagi.

Sidharth rolled his eyes while keeping his hands on his hips.

You are unbelievable!!

He murmured.

You should have spoke to me na, before doing this stupidity. What would have you done, if I had left you here alone.. Ha??

He said it slowly so that she could understand his words.

Even though she didn't get the complete meaning of whatever he was saying, she could guess that he was worried for her.

Sorry. Meim aapko aur disturb nhi karna chahti dhi.. Apne kal se meri dhyaan rakha.. Wohi bahut hei mere liye.. Aage bhi aapko pareshan karna acha nhi hei..

Dekho.. Mujhe koi pareshani nhi hei.. Aur..

His phone rang while he was talking to her. He excused himself and took the phone in front of her.

Haa Lokesh uncle.. Mil gayi.. Haa haa.. Wahi leke aaraha hei..

She was totally confused after listening to his words. She wasn't getting to whom he was talking, but it was almost sure that it was about her. Where the hell is he going to take her?? Who is he??

In spite of these doubts, she had no other choice than trusting this stranger. Somewhere he seemed to be a trustworthy person.

Sidharth ended the call and looked at Shehnaaz who was just lost in her thoughts.

He put his phone back in his pocket.

Jaldi khalo.. Phir jaana hei!!

She slowly took a bite and looked away instantly as he looked at her.

....

Sidharth stopped the bike in front of a gate and asked her to get down. He indicated her to open the gate and she did it. He took his bike to the parking area in front of the house. It wasn't a big one, but not small too.

Shehnaaz walked behind Sidharth as he entered the big verandah. She observed the surroundings while they waited in front the door after ringing the doorbell. The house seemed to be so clam and composed. There were butterflies flying around the flowers in the garden. There were some birds on the tree on the side of the house. They were trying to build their new home there. She smiled at them. May be she could also build a home here too.

Aagaya Sidhu..

A woman in her 60s opened the door in excitement.

Sidhu!!

Shehnaaz murmured softly after hearing his name for the first time.

The lady smiled at her and held her elbow.

Andar aa beta.. Yeh tumhari hi ghar samjho!

Shehnaaz smiled awkwardly. She has never seen that lady nor knew her.

Shehnaaz yeh Jaanki aunty hei!

Oho.. Sidhu.. Kitni baar bola hei.. It's Janaki.

She playfully patted on his shoulder.

Sidharth giggled and put his hands around her shoulders.

Teek hei Janaki!! Kaha hei aapka patidev??

Tu aagaya!

Lokesh came into the room with a bangali novel in his hand. He placed it on the table and removed his specs to clean it. Wearing it back, he smiled at Shehnaaz.

Welcome home, Shehnaaz.. Yeh Shehnaaz dhodi lambi nhi hei? Sanu kaise rahegi Jaan?

Janaki grinned widely and nodded in agreement.

Shehnaaz was completely dumb stuck during their conversation. She wasn't getting anything.

Ooho.. Sid! Dekh usse kaise darr ke khadi hei wo.. Introduce tho karawo hameim!

Lokesh laughed as he walked towards them. Sidharth nodded happily.

Shehnaaz, yeh Lokesh uncle and Janaki aunty hei.. Dono meri family hi samjho. Aur yaha tum jitni derr rukna chahti ho, ruk sakti ho! You are safe here.

Haa beta! You are also our family now.

Shehnaaz had no words to say. She was surprised by the sudden turn in her life. A day before, she felt that she had lost everything and now they were giving a new hope. She just wanted to believe them blindly now. She wanted peace.

She followed Janaki, who took her to a room near the pool.

Tum yaha reh sakti ho! Aur apna hi khar samajhna. Kuch chahiye tho Nandini hei yaha. Usse bula lena.

After having breakfast Sidharth bid goodbye to them and came out of the house.

Sir!! Ek minute!!

Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz, who was panting heavily, narrowing his eyes.

Kya hua?

Wo.. Thank you Sir! Mujhe teek se jaane begair aapne mujhe itna bada help kiya.. Thank you so much Sir.

Sidharth smiled shaking his head and started his bike without giving any response.

Sir! Ek aur baat.

This time, Sidharth just looked at her silently.

Aapka naam?? Janaki aunty ne Sidhu bulayi, uncle ne Sid. Tho real name?

Sidharth's smile grew wider. In one kick he started the bike.

Sidharth!

Within no time, he flew away.

================================

Please vote comment and share.