12

Sidharth entered the conference room with Mayur Kapoor, where his staffs were waiting for them. His eyes ran through every face and got stucked on her face. She was nervous and playing with her fingers under the table. He narrowed his eyes as Martin placed his hands over her hands.

Aside the flirting side of Martin, he was a complete sweetheart. He was always supportive to every employee under him. He was extra supportive in the case of Shehnaaz as she had some difficulty in her early stage in the Creators. Coming from a village and matching the level of the metropolitan city was difficult. He understood it clearly. He never took out his flirty side in front of her as she was too innocent for it.

Even knowing the intention of Martin was just to calm her down, Sidharth wanted to push him aside and draw a line around her that no one should cross. Sidharth cleared his throat to catch everyone's attention.

Good morning everyone. Kritika, you may start with your presentation.

Pulling his coat straight, he sat facing the screen along with Mayur. Kritika was best, when it came to presentations. She was always to the point and made their clients to fall for their projects. Vidhyut being her constant support in this, provided her every details about the clients and their interests.

As every Creators know about the liking of Kriti towards Sidharth, Shehnaaz too was aware of this. She had seen Kriti approaching Sidharth, whenever he was left alone in his cabin. Kriti was one of the intelligent and beautiful lady that Shehnaaz had met in this city. Sometimes, she had wondered why Sidharth hadn't fallen for Kriti till now.

Shehnaaz was woken up from her thoughts hearing the applause in that room. Martin raised his eyebrows at her and asked her to pass the account papers related to the project to Sidharth. She nodded immediately and rushed through the file in front of  her. Finding it on time, she took the file and went near to Sidharth.

She felt it weird as he didn't even look at her while taking the papers from her hand. She moved back to her seat having her head down. Has she committed any mistakes? Was she late? Hasn't she dressed up formally for this meeting? These questions were popping out of her mind continually till the meeting ended.

She gazed at the retreating figure of Sidharth with Mayur and left a sigh in disappointment. Reaching her cubicle, she placed the files on the table inattentive. Seeing her withdrawn face, Tanu came near her and sat in front of her.

Kya hua Sana? Why are you so lost?

Shehnaaz narrowed her eyebrows feeling a little irritated by Sidharth's behavior, and stood up instantly.

Do you think I haven't properly dressed up for a formal meeting?

Tanu was taken aback by her sudden self consciousness. She looked at Shehnaaz from top to bottom. Wearing a well fitted formal salwar kameez suit Shehnaaz looked stunning. But, Tanu took it as a moment to tease her.

Waise not bad... But, have a look at Kriti.. That's how it should be!!

Tanu pointed towards Kriti, who stood near Sidharth in front of his cabin, discussing something. The combination of white shirt with the black skirt fitting to her curves made Shehnaaz a little jealous. Sidharth was laughing at something which she was saying. Placing his hand on her shoulder, they continued their talk.

Shehnaaz clenched on her duppata and sat on her seat making an irritated face.

Yeh kaisi dress hei!! Kya Indian dresses formal nhi hosakti??

She raised her voice at Tanu in annoyance.

Ho sakti hei... Lekin usse zyada nhi.

Tanu said chuckling.

Tu jaa apni kaam kar.. Aur mujhe bhi karne de.

Shehnaaz took a file from the table randomly and flipped pages in hurry. She just wanted to divert her thoughts.

Oho.. Tu tho naraz hogayi.. Achi lag rahi hei Sana tu. Infact bahut achi. Kisi ne kuch bola kya?

A small smile formed on Shehnaaz's lips.

Nhi baba.. Bass aise hi pooch liya..

This time she replied in a calmer tone.

Tanu!! Take that Malhotra's file and join me immediately.

Martin shouted from his cabin.

Coming!!

Tanu ran back to her seat to catch the file.

Shehnaaz closed the file and looked at the direction where Sidharth and Kriti were standing. But, they were no longer there. She shook her head and returned to her work.

....

Meeting meim kuch hua kya?

Tanu asked Martin placing the file on his table. Taking his eyes off from the file, he looked at Tanu in confusion.

Nhi tho?

Nhi.. She seems to be a little irritated.

He recollected the moments in the meeting, but he couldn't find any reason for that.

May she was nervous.. Chodna! Tu wo data sheet dikha mujhe.

Martin was completely into his work, once he was focused.

...

Sidharth left a sigh of relief as Kriti left him alone finally. She was constantly trying to be with him whenever he was left alone. It was irritating him to no end on these days, but he didn't wanted to be rude with her. One day, she needs to understand that he isn't meant for her. In fact, he isn't meant for anyone. He doesn't wanted to be reason for creating another Maya, because he was completely a Rakesh, his dad or that's what he always wanted to believe.

He took the laptop and checked for his next appointments. He turned his head towards the door hearing a knock. Staring at the figure standing in front of him with a withdrawn face for a moment he realized that it was lunch time. She didn't speak anything and kept the box on the table and left the room.

She no longer needs me!!

This thought was making him desperate. But, the lunch box in front of him made him smile. Immediately he jumped from his seat and took the box in his hands.

He opened the lid and the smell of the delicious food filled his room and his heart. Like an epicure, he had his lunch. His eyes were stuck on the door to see her, as she will come to collect the lunch box. He had prepared a number of compliments for her this time. Because for the last five days he was craving for her hand made foods.

Not making him to wait more, she entered the room keeping a straight face. She didn't even have a glimpse of him as she left immediately taking the box. The words those were about to flow from his tongue remained there itself.

She no longer needs my compliments too!

He tightened his grip on the table and looked away.

================================

Please vote comment and share.