37

Martin stood rooted in his place hearing that. He was not able to process that. It was too early.

" Where are you?"

Martin asked as a huge smile formed on his face. At last his buddy has arrived. He could share his responsibilities with someone. It was really getting hectic for him to manage the group. The creative side was always Sidharth's side. Martin could handle clients and numbers, that's it. Shehnaaz was also like Martin. She hadn't had much idea about architecture and all. But she tried to learn a lot in the past 2 years.

" I will share you the location"

With that Shehnaaz cut off.

Looking at the location she shared, Martin narrowed his eyes.

 Why couldn't I guess that. Yes, he should be there only. It was his only hiding place. Why didn't I think about it?

Martin blamed himself for forgetting that. 

Taking a sign Martin nodded at the man standing in front of him.

"Aap mere saath aayiye"

…..

A sofa and a chair were cleaned in that messy room. The old man sat on the sofa with Martin while Shehnaaz sat on the chair. Sidharth was sleeping peacefully after getting an injection from the doctor for his fever. He was burning in fever when Martin arrived there. Soon he called the doctor and did the necessary. 

"Us din maine hi usse call Kiya dha."

The old man's words broke the silence in that room. He looked at the photo of Rajeev on the wall and continued.

" I am Madhav. Mein ek retired teacher hu. Humare ek charity centre hei jaha hum old and sick people ko care karte hei. They live there happily. We got Rajeev, Sidharth's father from the streets of Nashik. When we got him, we understood that he wasn't mentally stable. He was continuously blaming his wife for forcefully remaining in his life. His freedom was taken away by her. These were his thoughts those days. His health was getting serious day by day. One day, he was a little calm and he told his doctor about his family. From that, we came to know about Sidharth. It was the doctor 's suggestion to call his son as early as possible, because at least he could die peacefully. The level of guilt Rajeev felt was huge, which made him blame someone else for his mistakes. That was he doing with Maya. He just wanted to put the blame on someone else. We searched for Sidharth's details and finally found his contact. That's how I contacted him that night."

Martin and Shehnaaz were getting the picture clear by now. They knew Sidharth. That's why they knew what could have led him to his current state. Shehnaaz looked towards the door of Sidharth's room. She needed to protect that man from his every insecurities.

The old man continued:

" Mere ek call pe Sidharth waha pahuncha"

Sidharth was shivering a little as got into the center. He roamed his eyes around the living room,where a number of old people were setting and enjoying themselves. But he couldn't find the figure he was searching for.

"Sidharth?"

Madhav called from behind. Sidharth instantly turned towards him.

"Yes. I'm Sidharth."

He was nervous. How was it going to be?

Sidharth was pulled back by the sight in front of him. His childhood hero was no more like a hero. He was sitting in the garden, gazing at the sky. He seemed calm. Madhav tapped on Sidharth's shoulder and asked him to sit next to Rajeev. Sidharth nodded. He knew what his father's health was now. He was prepared for everything, but in reality he was shattered. Ne never wanted to hear bad about his mother, but was forced to. At least for his father's last days he wanted to be there for him. He was already guilty for not being there for his mother. Now it was his chance to be there for his father.

As days passed by Sidharth took care of every needs of Rajeev. He didn't want to share this news with anyone. Slowly as Rajeev's health worsened, that affected Sidharth too. After doing the last traits of Rajeev, he sat next to Madhav in the same garden.

" Sidharth, I think you should return to your life beta. You have people over there. Itne mahine tu yaha dhe. You did everything a son could do for his father. Abb waapas jao. Waha log pareshaan honge. Tune abtak unhe call tak nhi Kiya hei"

Sidharth smiled in pain.

" That's what it is, uncle. Mein kitne bhi koshish Karu. Atlast I'm my father's son. I am also meant to hurt the people around me. I don't want them to suffer like my mother did. I don't want Shehnaaz to get blamed by me, like my father did with my mother. Let them forget me and move on. Meine uska itna zaam already Kiya hei. Now they must know that I won't be back in their lives. "

Madhav was shocked. The Sidharth sat in front of him was completely broken and has gotten into a shell of insecurities.

"No Sidharth, you should return. You are not like your father. You were there for him naa. Like your mother always did. You resemble her."

The days went by, it turned into months. Finally they made Sidharth realize his life slowly. And one day he left them to get back his life.

"Then, why didn't he come to us?"

Martin asked immediately.

"It's not easy for him, Martin. The insecurities in him, that won't leave him easily. "

Shehnaaz spoke, still having eyes at the door. She stood up from the chair and moved towards Sidharth's room. He was sleeping peacefully like a child. She smiled and got into the room. Sitting next to him, she caressed his hair.

" It's my turn now Sidharth. Dekhna, I will bring back my Sidharth. He will be happy again. And I am going to protect you from your insecurities."

She kissed his forehead while closing her eyes.

==================================

I think, the next will be the last chapter. Thank you everyone for making me complete this story. Without you guys, I would have left this incomplete. Because writing about them makes me so emotional. I never knew I could love two people whom I have seen only on screen like my family. Still, a 30 second video of Sidharth could make me cry. It surprises me as I never cry like that. How can I love someone like this? Thank you everyone once again.