9

Martin opened the door of his car and Shehnaaz and Tanu got in. They were giggling and enjoying their conversation. It hasn't went unnoticed by Sidharth over the last few weeks.  He was a little scared of their closeness. His only relief was that Tanu was with both of them, most of the times. He hated himself for worrying about someone like this. This wasn't needed for him. He was literally a carefree person and this girl has made him to care for her every matter.

Kritika ran towards Sidharth, as soon as she saw him standing near his car and staring at the parking lot which was already empty as Martin left.

Hey Sid..

He brushed his thoughts aside and turned towards her. She was wearing a tight red shirt with a black shorts. She had her front two buttons open to make her cleavage almost visible. But,  Sidharth never cared about it. She came near him and tried to hug him.

He rolled his eyes and slightly pushed her away.

Kriti! What are you trying to do??

He was getting irritated as she was continuing her antics to impress him.

What?

She tried to make an innocent face.

You very well know that you aren't that innocent!! Please Kriti, I don't want to make you feel embarrassed.

She looked down without speaking anything.

Get it into your mind Kriti. I am not interested in this. You will get a man who is thousand times better than me!

Instantly she looked up.

But I only needs you.

Sidharth left a sigh.

It's getting late ... You may please leave to your house. I have some engagements.

Sidharth didn't wait for her response and got into his car. He drove away without looking back. His eyes were becoming red as the speed increasing. The car stopped with a thud near a old fashioned house. The area was almost a hiding place from the hurry of the city. He got out and went near the door. He checked his pocket.

Cleaning the dust on the door, he pushed the key into the key hole and turned it to open the door. With a creak the door was opened and his gaze travelled over the walls, before getting in. Everything has become dusty and dull. He clapped his hands to get off the dust from his hands. Walking towards the switch board, he switched on the lights.

The memories came rushing into his mind. Her giggles, her smiles, laughs and her silent cries. She had always tried to hide her tears from him. Maya never wanted her son to know about her sorrows. Sidharth used to run into her arms as he reach home after school. She would take him in her arms and hug him tightly. She would feed his favourite snacks, make him do his homework and play with him. Some days Janaki and Lokesh used to join them along with Chandni, who was 4 years elder than him.

But, on nights, lying on her lap he would ask about his dad which made Maya silent for a moment.

Mom.. When will dad come?? Didn't he miss us??

She would clear her throat and say.

Yes baba.. He called me today. He would come to us in a week.

The little Sidharth jumped excitedly from her her lap.

This time I would also go with him.. Do you know the last time.....  Aaaah.. Where did we went?

The little boy applied some pressure on his mind to remember the name of the place he visited with his father.

Kashmir..  You both were at Kashmir last time.

She said wiping off her tears to hide it from Sidharth.

Ooh.... It was so cold there!!!!

He said rubbing his arms as chills went through his nerves remembering about those days .

He has promised to take me to Jaipur this time. You know where is Jaipur??

She nodded her head in no looking at his innocence. He ran from there and checked his shelf in hurry. At last, an old map of India came in his hand. He took it and ran back to his mother.

Look..It's here!

He excitedly pointed on a portion on the map and she smiled at him.

Will you join us this time?

She sighed in dissapointed and shook her head in disagreement.

Why??

He lost the excitement in his voice. He  always wanted his mom to join them for their every trip, but she never did.

I have a job beta.. I can't leave it like.

She said caressing his cheeks.

Papa is also doing job! But, he is also travelling na??

Maya didn't speak further.

Sidharth.. It's too late. Come let's sleep.  You have school tomorrow.

She pulled him into her arms and made him sleep.

..

Sidharth ran his fingers through the picture of Maya. Her smile was his energy and she always hid her tears from him. He looked at the picture next to her. Rakesh in his fifty's was standing with a dslr camera in his hand.

I'm just like you dad!

Sidharth smirked and moved to see their family picture, it was one of the rarest collections. They hadn't much of it. The 15 year old Sidharth was cutting the cake and his parents were standing on either side. Rakesh seemed to be excited while there was hidden pain in Maya's eyes which he never saw on those days.

You shouldn't have got married dad!

Sidharth whispered in pain and left from there keeping his head down.

The emtions from which he was hiding away were hitting him back on these days. Whenever the boys of Creators tried to flirt with Shehnaaz, he wanted to pull her away from them and keep her under his wings. He was her saviour. It was his duty to protect her. He wanted to make sure that Janaki and Lokesh doesn't loss their happiness again.

He had indirectly given her warning about Martin a lot of times, but she was too innocent to get it. She seemed to be so comfortable with him. On top of that Kriti was becoming too desperate day by day even after his warnings.His life was getting messier each passing day and he needed to escape soon.

He got into his apartment and collected all the essentials and his camera. Switching off his mobile, he started his bike.

================================

Please vote comment and share .