25. Little Dipper

"I have an idea," James said as he stood in front of the roaring flames in the Gryffindor common room with his muscular arms clossed over his chest.

"I didn't realize you had that much brain power," Remus teased looking up at the messy haired boy.

"Oh this is going to be good," Carmen commented quietly so only Remus heard.

The Marauders and Carmen were seated at their usual spot in the common room as the rest of the room was quite crowded. Sirius was sprawled out on the couch taking up all the space as girls he didn't seem to notice ogled at him. Peter sat on one of the seats hunched over playing a game of wizards chess against himself. James was pacing infront of the fire discussing prank ideas with Sirius and messing up his black hair every 30 seconds. Carmen was sitting cross legged on the crimson and gold carpet as she leaned her back against Remus' legs while he sat comfortably on one of the stuffed armchairs. He had his elbows resting on his knees and leaned over her as he helped her answer a few questions that had been set as homework from professor Binns.

"Mock me all you want but one day I'll get you both," James playfully threatened the pair as they tried supressing their giggles.

"What's your idea Prongs?" Sirius asked resting his arms behind his head. Carmen couldn't tell if he was oblivious to the third year girls that were standing a few meters away giggling and sighing as his muscles flexed, or if he was completely aware and basking in the attention he got.

"Finally someone who appreciates me! This is why you're my favourite Pads," James said before blowing an overexagurated kiss to Sirius who caught it and clutched his hand to his chest.

"I appreciate you!" Peter called out finally tearing his eyes from the black and white chess board.

"Yeah, but you see Wormtail, Padfoot here is the love of my life, my main man, the light of my- Oh hello my lovely Lilly-flower!" James called out noticing that Lilly had just stepped through the portait hole.

"Piss off you pile of cow shit," she replied with a disguted tone.

"So much for light of his life," Sirius scoffed playfully as James' eyes stayed on the red head who was now talking to Alice and Frank at one of the tables. His eyes seemed to be glazed over and his mouth hung slightly open as he watched her rest her hand on Alice's shoulder while tilting her head back from laughing. Carmen looked over at Peters chess board as he tied his laces. 

"Black bishop to D6," Carmen told the peices. The bishop moved and proceded to smash a white rook. She smiled to herself as Remus started playing lightly with her hair which she barely evern noticed.

"Oi! I was 'bout to do that," Peter said now turning his attention back to the game.

"They were getting bored," Carmen responded softly with a shrug and began folding her homework and placed it into her bag.

"Prongs, mate!" Remus called for his dazed friend snapping his fingers.

"W-what?" James shook his head and turned his attention back to the Marauders and Carmen.

"You had an idea you wanted to tell us, a prank you wanted to pull I'm guessing," Carmen answered.

"Oh yeah! So basically-"

-

"Lilly is going to be pissed," Carmen said shaking her head but still smiling broadly as she leaned against the stone wall outside the library.

"My favourit flower doesn't have to know it was us," James said as he filled up a bucket, the four boys would usually use for throwing up in when they were drunk, with water.