16. First quidditch game

The bitter cold wind was howling as the 14 quidditch team players were twisting and turning through the air. The stands were filled with hundreds cheering Hogwarts students covered in red and yellow to support their houses. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor had been playing for about 30 minutes and were neck in neck with 70-60 with Hufflepuff in the lead.

"Devon gets the quaffle and passes to Swinger. Oh! He drops it right into the hands of McKinnon hahaha loser!" Sirius yells into the microphone from the comentary area where McGonnagal is supervising him.

"She shoots and she scores! 20 points for Gryffindor! Thats what you get for being a shitty chaser Swinger!" Sirius yelled receiving a nasty look from the Hufflepuff player and laughs from the Gryffindor supporters. 

"Mr Black you are supposed to unbiased! Iether pull yourself together or we will find a new commentator!" McGonnagal said sternly from beside him just close enough so you could hear from the mic. Everyone in the stands snickered at the little argument.

"But Minny it's my birthday!" Sirius wined not letting her take the microphone from his hands.

"Just commentate the quidditch game without swearing please! Also, happy birthday Black," McGonnagal muttered as she shivered in her emerald coloured coat.

-

Carmens teeth were chattering as the wind flew through her hair which she had turned into a vibrant red with gold streaks in it to show her support for her house. Beside her stood Remus wearing a Gryffindor red and gold beany on top of his sandy brown hair. He turned his gaze away from the suspenceful game to the beautiful grinning girl beside him.

"You're cold," Remus commented the obvious when he noticed she was shaking.

"No shit Sherlock! It's bloody freezing!" She had to yell for him to hear her over the screaming crowd. To this he just rolled his chocolate eyes and tore off his long Gryffindor scarf that he was wearing.

"Just shut up and take this," he said chuckeling lightly as he wrapped it around her neck.

"Thank you," she said quietly and blushed feeling his cold hands brush against her pale neck. She felt sparks errupt in her stomach as their eyes met not being able to suppress a little grin that played on pale pink lips. He melted as he saw her cheeks flush pink, he melted every time he saw her.

Just at that moment the famous James Potter decided to fly over his group of friends who were cheering loudly for him. Just as he caught the quaffle he smoothly winked, a smirk plastered on his face, at the fiery haired girl with emerald green eyes that  stood beside Carmen. Lilly scoffed loudly and crossed her arms in annoyance but smiled to herself when no one was looking.

The game went on for about two hours of Gryffindor and Hufflepuff going back and forth with who's in the lead. James and Marlene were really good chasers and had been the ones to get most of the points for their team. Giddeon and Fabian had also proven their talent for beating Hufflepuffs with huge iron bludgers. Fabian had managed to hit a bludger into one of the Hufflepuff chasers so hard the poor kid had to be taken to the hospital wing. But eventually...

"Annie Adams has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins! HAHA! Suck my-" Sirius yelled gleefully into the mic before McGonnagal snatched it away from him before he could finish that sentence.

-

"I dumped him," Docras said simply throwing herself into the empty beside Alice in the almost empty library.

"Oh my god," Lilly exclaimed dropping her arithmancy book onto the hard wooden table.

"Finally," Marlene huffed not looking up from the charms essay she was finishing off.