1. Last day of summer

Fifth Year

"Carmen get up now! I know it's your last day of summer but we have to buy everything on the list otherwise you're going to look like an idiot once you get to school!"

"I know, I know, I know dad! I'm up!" Carmen said as she closed her book and stumbled out of bed to get ready for her long day ahead. It was her last day of freedom before she would be attending Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She threw on a pair of black, slightly wide legged jeans and an oversized forest green "grandpa styled" sweater. Carmen looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. Her shoulder length wavy chestnut coloured hair was messy and tangled and her skin was pale making the bags under her eyes even more prominent considering she hadn't slept.

Carmen had eyes the colour of the sea and her skin was clear except for the freckles that had been scattered across her nose and cheeks. Her lips were plump and pink, always soft, and her teeth were straight yet slightly yellow stained due to her caffeine and chocolate addiction, but this didn't take away her beauty. She was quiet tall for a girl in her age (175cm)  and unlike many others had quiet a few different piercing on her ears. In simpler terms, Carmen Rogers was, without a doubt, stunning.

As Carmen brushed her hair, her father knocked on her door. "Can I come in?".

"Yeah sure, I'm almost done," she answered before he opened the door and handed her a mug filled with coffee.

"Thank you!" Carmen said sweetly and then taking a long sip of the warm, brown, bitter drink so she would actually have the energy to leave the house.

"I was thinking we could skip breakfast and instead we just eat lunch at Diagon Alley, please bring a bag and I can enchant it so it'll fit everything we are buying in it. I'll meet you by the fireplace in 10 minutes, I have to send an owl before we go," Greham (Carmens father) said as he was about to leave.

"Yes sir." Carmen said smiling and giving a fake salut. Once she had finished drinking her coffee, she grabbed her leather messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder as she slipped into her black Doc Martins and quickly tied the laces.

"Ok, now, repeat after me. DIAGON ALLEY," her father explained loudly and clearly.

"DIAGON ALLEY! I've used floopowder before dad, I am aware of how it works," Carmen said back, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'm just making sure so you don't end up in some sketchy place and I never find you again. Since you know, that could be an issue," he responded teasingly.

"Just gimme the powder will you," Carmen said while her father laughed lightly. "Thank you father," he poured some of the grey powder into her hands.

"DIAGON ALLEY!" Carmen exclaimed loudly and clearly throwing the powder down.

-

Walking out onto the busy street the sun hit her face as she looked around at all the different people walking, running, talking, laughing around her. Graham came up beside her smiling and pulled out the list of everything we needed to but today.

"Ok. You already have a wand and an owl. So first lets go fix you a uniform," he said cheerily as they started walking up the crowded street.

The day went on, and as the father and daughter ate lunch happily talking at a pub, Carmen noticed a group of four very loud boys sitting in a corner booth in the pub. While her father went to go buy them both butter beer from the bar, Carmen turned her head slightly in the boys direction because she had the strange feeling they were looking at her. Just as she looked at them she noticed that they were in fact, all staring at her but quickly turned away when she made eye contact with them. All except one of them.