14. Aunt Annett

Carmen and the girls had just left Gryffindor tower and were making their way towards breakfast at 9am when a certain tall, ginger boy jogged up to them.

"Hello ladies, do you mind if I steal Carmen for a moment?" Giddeon asked with a charming smile spread across his freckled face. He was wearing his quidditch uniform and carrying his broom over his broad shoulder. He did look very good she had to admit, the others had also noticed this apparently.

"She's all yours," Alice giggled and shoved Carmen towards him giving them both an obvious wink which Carmen just rolled her eyes at. Alice knew she liked Remus, but some of the girls thought she should try to at least kiss another boy or girl first.

"If we're not in the Great Hall when you're done we're probably in the library! And if you leave to Hogsmead before meeting us we'll see you at Honeydukes!" Lilly called after her as they walked away.

"Morning Prewett number one," Carmen said turning to him and smiling softly. She still didn't feel so well but she was excited to be meeting her auntie soon.

"Morning Rogers," he said charmingly, his voice raspy and deep. She found it actually quite nice but she thought Remus' tired voice was nicer.

"Is there something you want?" She asked cocking her head slightly to the side.

"There are tons of things I want," his eyes shifted around her face. "But right now I just want to eat breakfast with you on this fine Saturday morning," he answered a twinkle in his eye. She didn't really understand what he was getting at when he said there were tons of things he wanted but decided to ignore it. He probably just meant different things that had nothing to do with her, like winning their first quidditch game of the year that was in 2 weeks.

"As you wish," she said softly as they began to make there way to the Great Hall. She was wearing a black turtle neck top tucked into a pair of green and black plaid bellbottom pants with Remus' sweater on top and her oversized leather jacked stuffed in her back.

On their walk to breakfast they talked about their week, she did not mention her breakdown yesterday though, and their plans for the weekend. The Gryffindor quidditch team would be having training until 3pm since their captain was obsessed with winning the cup this year.

"I've never really asked what you're parents do?" He asked innocently as he drank from his cup of steaming coffee. Carmen tensed up at the mention of her parents, it was too soon but he didn't know that so she couldn't hold it against him.

"Oh, well my dad works for the Ministry, the Department of Magical law enforcement. My mum still lives up in Sweden, she was a kindergarten teacher, I don't know if she still works there though," she answered plainly pouring herself a goblet of pumpkin juice. Giddeon seemed to notice her tone and felt bad for asking now.

"Oh I'm sorry Carmen," he tried to catch her eye which happened and they just looked softly at each other for a moment.

"It's ok Giddeon."

"What does your dad do in the Department of Magical law enforcement?" He asked curiously leaning on of his elbow on the table and picking up his sandwich with the other.

"He's in the investigation department. I don't really know what he does there, it's all very secretive, he's not really allowed to tell me," she answered with a slight smirk on her face. She could see he was now very intrigued and wanted to know more.

"Well now I need to know. That's just rude Carmen, you just left me on a real life cliffhanger!" He glared at her jokingly as he continues to eat.

"Oh shove off, I want to know just as much as you do! When I turn 17 I'm gonna see if I can get drunk with him and try to see if he'll spill any secrets," she said cheekily grinning before taking a mouthful of scrambled eggs.