3. First day

Sitting by the Gryffindor table eating breakfast and conversing with Marlene and Lilly, Carmen saw McGonnagal marching towards them from the teachers table.

"I see you've made some friends Ms Rogers, thats good. Here are your schedules girls," she said handing us our papers.

"Oh! Mr Lupin, Black, Potter and Pettigrew, good you're all finally here. These are your schedules for the year." McGonnagal placed the papers on the table where the boys sat beside us.

Carmen looked up from behind her schedule, "Morning boys," she said with a small smile on her face, looking mainly at Remus who smiled back. Simultaneously they all mumbled "Morning," in groggy and tired voices.

However the second James realised Lilly was their his demeanour changed completely, "Why good morning my lovely Lilly! How are you on this fine morning?"

"It was a fine morning until you walked through those doors," she responded not even looking at him.

Sirius chuckled behind him and grabbed his shoulder, "Better luck next time."

"Oh Merlin! We have potions on monday morning with, ugh, Slytherin, I'm gonna drown myself in the lake," Peter sighed laying his head down on the table.

Lilly simply huffed lightly from across the table and mumbled "Not all slytherins are bad."

"I've never actually made a potion before," Carmen piped up while playing with the scrambled eggs on her plate, "I've only ever read about how to make them and that kinda stuff." She looked up and noticed they were all looking at her.

Lilly opened her mouth "Im good at potions I must admit, but I always sit next to Severus, my friend in Slytherin."

James rolled his eyes when she said the boys name, Carmen noticed from the corner of her eye, "We can study together though if you would like, when its necissary." Lilly insisted.

Carmen nodded and smiled greatfuly, "That actually reminds me, I have to go find him. I'll see you guys at the lesson."

Once Lilly's flaming red hair couldn't be seen anymore James scoffed so loudly it got the attention of the whole group.

"We should probably get going to class. Carmen, do you want to come with me and go find Alice?" Marlene asked standing up from her seat.

"No its fine, I would rather not walk in on her and Frank in an empty broomcloset," she answered giggling, "Is it ok if I walk with you guys?" Carmen asked looking around at the boys who were still seated.

"Yeah of course!" Remus answered a little too fast with a little bit too much enthusiasm, this made Sirius, James and Peter all smile into their cups of coffee while Remus looked down at his pancakes and blushed.

-

"Alright everyone take your seats!" Carmen seated herself near the back, Remus chose the seat next to her while James and Sirius sat behind them. Peter had sat himself next to a Slytherin girl with long pin straight blonde hair who looked like she was about to murder him every time he let out a breath.

She looked around and saw that Lilly was sitting next to a boy at the front of the classroom wearing all black, he had a hooked nose and long black greasy hair, Severus Snape. With his deathly pale skin you would think he was sick. James had gone on and on during their walk to the dungeons about how much he disliked the boy, she had to admit, from what James had said, they kid didn't seem too nice of a guy. He had a peculiar and disturbing interest with the dark arts that unsettled her. Then again she thought it was unfair to judge him based off of one persons hate and his house, she hadn't even talked to the guy.