38. Fuck prefects

Outside the windows of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry the February sun beamed down at the grounds and people. A thin level of snow still laid on the grounds where students didn't usually go and a bitter cold breeze swept through the air. Far off in the distance you could see the huge tentacles of the giant squid playing in the murky water of the Black Lake. However inside the grand school, six fifth year students sat cramped around a mahogany table.

"Hyde are you serious? Every bloody time you were supposed to write Sagittarius you wrote 'saggy-tits'!" Lily groaned as she checked over Hydes finished essay. Snorts of laughter were heard from around the table as even Lily managed to giggle under her breath.

"I found it rather funny," he snickered, folding his lanky arms over his chest and leaning back dangerously far in his chair.

A small study group had been formed which included Carmen, Remus, Lily, Alice, Dorcas, Hyde and Ophelia. Valentine was invited but refused saying she had cello practice this time every week. (You wouldn't be the only one shocked to find out Val played the cello.) Together they sat in the warm and candle lit library in which Madam Pince stalked through the shelves, hissing at them to be quiet every few minutes. Remus, Carmen and Dorcas were all studying muggle studies for their upcoming test which the others worked on their various tasks that had been set by their professor in Divination.

"Alice I know this might come off as rude or something but why is Frank in our muggle studies class if he's in seventh year?" Carmen asked the curly haired girl across the table.

"Oh he has to redo the course since he failed it in his OWLs. He doesn't mind though since he has to get that grade to be an auror later," Alice chirped and went back to her work, a smile on her thin lips just thinking about the boy.

Pieces of hair fell in front of Carmens face repeatedly and every few minutes she would tuck it once again behind her ears. It was annoying to the say the least. The slight feeling of it tickling against her cheek or causing her eyes to itch ripped the little concentration she had away from the work that needed to be done. Over the weekend her and Dorcas had gone through hundreds of muggle fashion magazines which had given Carmen the inspiration to 'grow' her hair out to just under her chest.

Frustrated and tired Carmen aggressively twisted her hair and shoved her wand to make a bun since Sirius had informed her hair ties damage it. Remus watched her muscles flex and as the dark hairs on her arms seemed to glitter due to the light. Finally he averted his gaze when he realized there was ink dripping from his quill onto his parchment.

"Where's Marlene?" Ophelia asked in a singsong voice as she twirled a hair between her tanned fingers.

"Not here obviously," Dorcas muttered through clenched teeth.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Ophelia questioned.

"Nothing I just don't see why you care to know where Mars is, I mean you two barely know each other! I've knows Mars for years and you don't see me sitting here asking where she is do you?!" Dorcas spat out seeming to even shock herself with the outburst.

"Dorcas I don't know what you have against me but Marlene is-" Ophelia tried to reason but was cut off.

"I'm sorry. I'm being stupid. I have to go," Dorcas scrambled to get her things together before rushing out of the library with everyone staring at where she had once sat.

"What the bloody hell was that about?" Hyde asked, his cheeks stuffed with candy he was not allowed to eat in there.

"No clue," Lily answered with a shrug.

"She likes to alone after she has had little outbursts. They just happen sometimes when she's stressed and tired, try not to take it too personally Philly," Alice said softly.