11. Her first howler

"How did it go?" Peter asked the second Sirius stepped into the dimly lit and messy boys dorm. Remus was lying on his unmade bed reading the book Carmen had let him borrow. He was almost done with it, and looked up interested when Sirius had entered the room.

"It went well, she was a mess," he ran a hand through his long, black curly hair. "She ended up falling asleep though and she isn't mad anymore. And Remus, you don't have to worry about her getting with anyone else, I promise you." Sirius winked at the now very confused boy. Remus smiled widely to himself once he had covered his face out of view from the rest with the book.

-

Carmen, Dorcas, Marlene, Alice and Lilly were all seated at the Gryffindor table eating breakfast when the Marauders lazily entered the Great Hall, well, three of them at least.

"Hello ladies," Sirius said sliding into the seat beside Marlene while Remus seated him self beside Carmen and Peter beside Sirius.

"Morning," all the girls, except Lilly, responded tiredly. Carmen smiled sweetly at Remus who gave her a small lopsided grin as usual, butterflies growing in his stomach each time she looked at him.

She loved seeing his adorable face every morning, she couldn't get enough of him, he was all she wanted to see everyday. Whitened scars, some deeper than others, ran diagonally across his face, she admired than and wanted to kiss every single one of them. She wanted to make him feel as beautiful as he truly was. She adored him.

"How are you Lilly?" Remus asked the red headed girl who had rested her head in her hands with her eyes closed and breathing heavily. Lilly had not slept well at all, she had stayed up most of the night studying and worrying over Severus, she did not want him to go down the same path his Slytherin friends were going. She was so afraid, not of him, but for him.

"Headache. It comes and it goes," she answered as she opened her emerald green eyes slowly. Just at that moment James Potter burst through the doors with his a tired but still charming grin spread ear to ear, and slumped him self into the empty seat beside Remus.

"And here it is." She said in a disgusted tone. Sirius let out a bark of laugher as the others chuckled, while James just looked confused at the group.

"Good morning to you too my love," he winked at Lilly which she just rolled her eyes too.

"Post is here!" Dorcas announced as dozens of screeching owls flew through the windows into the hall. Letters and parcels fell from the fake grey clouds above them and landed in front of students with their owls. In front of Carmen landed her large barn house owl, Owlbert, which she shared with her dad, with a red envelope attached to his stretched out leg.

"Oh my god," Carmen muttered to herself.

"Oh no!" Lilly said beside her, fear in her eyes as she looked at what Carmens big brown owl had brought with it.

"Yikes," Remus muttered beside her also peering over to see what they were looking at.

"What? What's wrong?" Peter asked confused with his eyebrows scrunched together from across the table. However before anyone could answer or ask anymore questions the red letter floated into the air in front of Carmens face and tore itself open. Everyone went quiet and Carmen gulped afraid of what was about to happen.

"CARMEN ROGERS WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?! THERE WERE TWO RULES! TWO RULES THAT WERE SPECIFICALLY MEANT FOR METAMORPHMAGI AT HOGWARTS! TWO BLOODY RULES AND YOU BROKE THE FIRST ONE ALREADY?!"

Grahams voice boomed through the Great Hall, and now everyone had now gone quiet and were staring at her, interested to know what was happening. Carmen slid down in her seat, barely even visible anymore as her face turned scarlet. She flinched at every sentence the letter spat out at her.