30. Potter Christmas

The Potter manor was filled with chatter, laughter, giddy children, tipsy adults and five loud, mischievous Gryffindor boys. Grins were spread on their youthful faces as they caught up on everything that had happened in the past week. One week away from each other was one week to many according to the Marauders.

Peter was seated comfortably on the fuzzy red carpet while Sirius and James were splayed out on the brown leather couch as Remus sat curled up on the matching leather sofa chair. Around them stood adults conversing about things the teenagers didn't care about, drinking drinks the teenagers had been denied of.

"So then I wrote a bloody poem! A bloody poem!" James half shouted exasperated while running a hand through his messy hair.

"Aw wittle ickle Jamsie wrote a love poem for his Lily-flower," Sirius teased his friend pinching his round cheeks.

"Touch my cheeks again and I'll cut your finger off you little weasel," James glared at Sirius before continuing. "How damn difficult does it have to be to get a girl to love you back?" James sighed dramatically.

"Maybe you just suck," Remus commented leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees with a small smirk playing on his pale lips.

"Maybe you should just suck my-"

But before the bespectacled boy could finish his childish comeback emerald green flames burst in the fireplace. Sirius let out a deafening shriek and jumped behind the sofa as if it was a shield.

"What the bloody hell are you screaming for?" Carmen laughed taking a step into the warm and decorated living room.

"Oh my Godric Gryffindor I though you were my mother," Sirius sighed loudly of relief clutching his chest as if he had just suffered a mild heart attack.

"That is probably the worst thing anyone has ever said to me," Carmen scoffed with fake hurt looking at the flabbergasted boys.

"Don't insult his mother," Greham scolded his daughter smacking her lightly in the back of the head. That's when Carmens father turned his attention to the boys who were staring at the pair. The fear that had briefly left Sirius' eyes was now back playing in the stormy grey as the three other Marauders tried to supress their laughter.

"Oh. It's you," he said slowly with a stone cold face looking at the boy with black shoulder length hair.

"I- Uhm y-yes sir uhm-"

"Greham you old dog come here!" Boomed a deep voice from across the room. A tall broad man with a long nose, untaimed dark brown locks and wearing a dark red suit bounded towards Greham.

"Old dog?! How dare you Flea! We are the same age you bastard!" Greham laughed loudly engulfing Fleamont into a tight hug. Carmen stood awkwardly beside her father having mind conversations with the boys using facial exprssions. For some reason they didn't even need to talk to be able to have a conversation.

"Oh and you must be Carmen! Heard a lot 'bout you! The name's Fleamont Potter, but please for the love of Merlin call me Monty and not that terrible nickname your father bullies me with," Fleamont mumbled the last part to her with a cheeky smile.

"It's lovely to meet you Mr Po- I mean Monty, you have a lovely home," Carmen responded curtly. From over the older mans shoulder she saw Sirius and James mimicking her words and making rude hand gestures. Carmen had to force down the giggles that tried to escape her mouth.

"My sons told me loads about you," Fleamont said with a wink at his son who began massaging the bridge of his nose. Remus was still sat on the squishy sofa chair gazing at the beautiful girl who had graced him with her presence. His eyes glazed over slightly as he saw her smile broadly at something Fleamont said to her.