6. Pink hair

"Are you ready to kick some ass Mar?" Carmen asked enthusiastically while slipping into her clothes.

"Hell yeah I am! I'm trying out for chaser and I've been practicing all bloody summer so I am SO ready for this quiditch year," she yelled from inside the bathroom.

"Do you mind if I ask why you two aren't going to try out for the team?" Carmen turned to face Lilly who was dutch braiding Alice's hair. The suns light spilling onto the pair through the window, making them look somewhat glowing while Lilly's hair like bright orange and res flames flowing over her shoulders and back.

"I'm afraid of hights so I would rather drown in the black lake than get on a broom just to throw and catch stupid balls," Alice answered bluntly.

"And I don't want to spend more time with Potter than I already have to," Lilly said tying the rubber band on the first of Alice's braids causing Alice to wince in pain.

"Why don't you try out for the team Car?" Marlene stepped out of the bathroom with wet hair dripping onto, the maroon red with golden detailed, carpeted floor wearing her newly washed sports clothes.

"I've never played it before," Carmen answered shrugging, "My dad told me he was a beater when he was younger and has explained the game, but if I want to be on the team I need to practice alot before I try out. Maybe next year I'll do it." Carmen said as she scanned herself in the full body mirror. She was wearing a pair of black bootcut manchester pants with a tight Led Zeplin t-shirt tucked into them, an oversized black knitted cardigan that had large pockets with a pair of brown chunky platform heels. It was the weekend afterall.

"I'm bored of my hair like this, I want to change it," she turned around to look at the rest of the girls putting her hands on her hips.

"Oooo do like baby pink! I think that would really suit you," Alice said wide eyed and smiling.

"Yeah! That would really suit you! Keep the length you have now though," Lilly joined in.

"Okidoki" Carmen said before lazily shaking her head as her hair turned into a light bubblegum pink color.

(This is what it looks like)

"Woah," the three girls blurted out as they gazed at Carmen

"You look amazing," Lilly sighed. Sunlight had been cast over Carmens face making her blue eyes pop and her clear skin glow.

"Thanks! I've always only had natural colours because my mum didn't like weird or unnatural colors on me, or on anything at all honestly," Carmen laughed uncomfortably as she was reminded of her mothers...opinions.

"What? Would she like get mad at you for doing what you wanted with your body?" Marlene asked honestly quite surprised from the other side of the room.

Marlene has grown up in a loving family with kind parents who always accepted her for who she was. She had a kind mother who sent her sweets every Monday, listen to her talking about her problems, would give her advice, make sure her daughter is always healthy both mentally and physically. She had a mother who loved her unconditionally, and Carmen was jealous down to the bone.