20. Pumpkin juice hot chocolate

Under the magical sky that laid over the Great hall showing the blue sky and small patches of white clouds floating around, sat hundreds of young witches and wizards devouering their lunches. At the end of the room sat the professors on a long wodden table eating and watching over their students as they sociolized during their break in the middle of the day.

The Gryffindor table which stood furthest to the left was always the rowdiest, they were after all Gryffindors. However today something was missing. Professor Dumbedor seemed to be checking the table every so often, just quickly gazing over the students with his bright blue eyes more than usual. It was the morning after the full moon, and it had not been a kind one.

"Have you guys seen Remus? He wasn't in Muggles Studies this morning," Carmen asked the girls she had just entered the hall with.

"No sorry. The others weren't in Divination either," Alice answered in her calming and dreamy voice.

"They probably just over slept or something, you know how they are," Lily said nonchalantly not looking up from her Arithmancy book as she continued to eat her soup.

Just then the Care of Magical Creatures professor trudged past them, half of his rode seemed to be...bitter off? But I just saw him walk into his classroom this morning with a cardboard box...what creature could have done that and still fit in a cardboard box? Carmen thought to herself.

"I've started to realize that small creatures are way more vicious. I think it's because their anger has less space to be bottled up," Carmen stated as she watched the Care of Magical Creatures professor seat himself at the professors table.

"That's ridiculus. Give me one example," Lilly said finally putting down her book.

"Doxies," Carmen responded.

"Gnomes," Alice said.

"Wasps," Dorcas added having heard that her parents had found a wasps nest in their garden the other day. 

"Marlene," Carmen said stifeling a laugh as she pointed towards her short blonde friend who was arguing with her little sister.

Marlenes face had turned red and you could almost see the steam shooting out of her ears like a train as her stubborn Hufflepuff sister stomped her foot on the stone floor. The three girls turned around and watched as Marlene stormed to where they were sat and joined them.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked.

"She sent a puking candy from Zonkos to our brother disguised as a normal candy with my owl! Daniel was throwing up for hours last night! I got all the blame and mum's livid! So then I told her I wasn't going to help her with any of her homework until she wrote to our parents and told the truth, " Marlene vented. 

"How old is Daniel now?" Dorcas asked from beside the angry girl.

"He's nine, gonna start first year when we're in our seventh," Marlene answered with a mouthful of green peas.

Just then three worn out looking Gryffindor boys stumbled through the doors into the Great Hall. Carmen looked at them worried seeing the purple bags under their eyes and Sirius seemed to have a cut on his eyebrow. It was just James, Sirius and Peter. Where was Remus?

None of the boys looked up at anyone else in the room and instead just started filling their pockets with food they could transport. Sirius look a red able and bit into it was a loud crunch.

"God they don't look well at all," Marlene said.

"They were probably out doing something stupid last night," Lilly muttered.