31. Petunia is not a flower

The Evans family lived in a very average looking house, on a very average looking street, in a very average looking town. However one certain person living inside was far from average.

Greham had just quickly apparated here with Carmen clinging onto his arm, trying not to throw up, and then hurried away to work. The metamorphmagus stood outside the front door of number 4 Parksmith road, feeling slightly out of place. Her cheeks were rosy from the chilling wind and a little bit of watery snot ran down her nose which she hastily wiped away. She looked up and down the depressing street and then down at the crumpled piece of paper in her shivering hand to check if it was the correct adress. There were small heaps of snow on the sides of the street and the only sound that could be heard was the noise of a train in the distance.

Once Carmen had knocked on the white painted wood door she barely had to wait a second for it to swing open. There stood a fiery red head with eyes the sweet hue of spring clovers and beside her a shorter blonde with pink round cheeks and golden locks tumbling down past her broad shoulders. The grins on both their faces stretched from ear to ear reminded Carmen of the cat from Alice in Wonderland. And the gleeful squealing coming from all three of them as they group hugged filled the hallway.

"Come in come in!" Lilly insisted grabbing Carmen by the arm and pulling her through the entrance.

"Merlin Carmen your coat's bigger than this house," Marlene snorted as Carmen took off her fathers old winter coat.

"I'd rather be warm and big than cold and small," she winked at her friend who simply rolled her eyes playfully.

"Mum and dad aren't home right now, they're with Petunia in the town buying food. They should be back in an hour or so," Lilly said smiling broadly. "Come on lets go to my room!"

Upon the pale yellow walls of the Evans household were what seemed like hunderds of photographs of the family members, all so obviously loved. However only someone who cared would notice that as the two daughter grew older there were less and less photos of them together. The older the family grew, the further the two daughters stood apart.

"Why didn't you just floo here? That's what I did," Marlene asked as the group clambered up the creaking staircase.

"I just guessed that since everyone here except for Lily are muggles her house wouldn't be connected to the floo-network. So my dad apparated with me here, almost threw up in your bush by the way Lily-flower," Carmen groaned as her two friends giggled.

"At least it would have added some colour to the depressing place. God I hate this time of the year. And please for the love of Merlin stop calling me that ridiculous name," Lily grumbled.

"So I'm guessing you received your yearly Christmas presents from a certain messy haired idiot?," Carmen asked Lilly who just scoffed and nodded her head yes in despair.

"Well come on! Tell us!" Marlene

"Well he sent me some flowers which is nice I guess, I gave them to mum because I don't want anything that toerag has touched in my room. Plus he wrote me this love poem that I tore up and sent back to him. I mean first of all, I don't like poetry I find it boring, and secondly, you can't use the same word three times and call that rhyming," Lilly explained as she fell onto her bed.

"It's quite cute that he's trying though Lils you've gotta admit that. He might be an obnoxious bastard with a God complex and I might try to beat him with the bat every quidditch training session but I will admit the poem thing is cute," Marlene commented.

"He doesn't seem to be giving up on you any time soon, maybe give him a chance. It might be fun," Carmen shrugged.

"Ew no, make him run a bit more it's fun to watch. Don't give into the Potter charm yet Lils, not that there is much charming about the bastard," Marlene smirked.