12. How to play exploding snap

"Just get on the bloody thing Car!" Giddeon yelled from the air as he sat on his broom five meters above the ground looking down at Carmen with Fabian.

"For Merlin's sake it's not that difficult!" Fabian said to her flying down a bit lower.

"Fine!" She shouted back her fear turning into irritation. The twins had been pestering her since breakfast about how she should try to fly today since it's Sunday and none of the teams would have practice. They had snuck out one of the spare brooms the school had for the quidditch players and first years. Carmen mounted the broom and steaddied her breathing.

In, out, in out, in, fuck it.

She sored through the air with a big grin spread across her face. Her hands were gripped tight to the wooden broom, she was sure to have a few splinters by the end of this she thought to herself. The cold air hit her face and blew through her hair. It was cloudy and grey today but she was too happy to care about the depressing Scottish weather.

"This is kinda fun actually!" Carmen said stopping her broom beside the twins who were admiering the pure blissfulness radiating off her.

"We knew you'd like it!" Fabian exclaimed happily.

"Lets take a round of the pitch, we'll tell you the rules and stuff. We can just practice passing the quaffle around today," Giddeon said determinately before he raced away with Carmen and Fabian right behind him through the chilling wind.

-

"Where's Car?" James asked Lilly, Marlene, Dorcas and Alice, who were chatting at the Gryffindor table while peacefully eating their lunch, well it was peaceful until James decided to inerrupt. The girls looked up at the bespectacled boy confused.

"We thought she was with you guys," Dorcas answered with one eyebrow raised.

"We haven't seen her since breakfast," Remus said from behind James, now slightly concerned. What if something had happened? What if someone had hurt her? No you're overthinking, but what if I'm not?

"She's probably just studying or something," Lilly said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, yea, probably," Remus mumbled as him and James made their way back to where the other two Marauders were seated. That was when Giddeon, Fabian and Carmen sauntered into the Great Hall laughing loudly.

"What the fuck?" Sirius and Remus growled under their breaths when the boys noticed the trio enter. Giddeon had one of his muscely arms draped around Carmens shoulders, and when they bid their farwells he pushed the back of her head jokingly towards her friends. Remus' insides hurt by the sight. You never stood a chance anyway he thought to himself.

"Hi guys!" Carmen said cheerily with a wide smile stretching ear to ear. Remus thought it was the most adorable thing he had ever had the pleasure of seeing.

"Hey little Carmen," they all responded simeltaniously.

"You're sweaty, what have you been doing with those boys?" James asked eyeing her up and down as she took a sip of her ice cold water.

"I just rode a broom for the first time! We threw the quaffel around and they taught me the rules and stuff for quidditch! They said I'm actually really good!" Carmen answered enthusiastically and taking a bite of her meat pie. All the boys let out a huge sigh of relief at hearing this.

"Oh thank god," Sirius mumbled to himself.

"That's good to hear, maybe we can play some time," James said in now a much kinder and normal tone.