❛❛30❞

AUTHOR'S POV

BLACKROSE PACK

Jungkook's eyes were now fuming in anger, you could clearly see that. But still, as a king, the future alpha, he got some manners he can't forget.

Martha entered the room, her eyes glued to the ground not daring to open. She wasn't aware why she was called here but she didn't have any good feeling about this, not at all.

"Queen Martha!" Jungkook stated abruptly catching everyone's attention.

"Prince, what's wrong?" Martha tried to remain calm and maintain the loving mother image she had in Jungkook's eyes.

"The night before yesterday...where were you?" Jungkook repeated the same question he asked Hoseok a while ago, making the administrative near him even more confused.

"R-right in my room prince." Martha stuttered at the flaming gaze, the young prince was looking at her with.

"One more chance just because I think of you as a mother. If you're still gonna lie you know me..." Jungkook was patient because Martha was like a mother to him. She cared about him from his childhood.

There was a time when Martha left Yeonjun crying just to calm Jungkook down, the last thing he ever wanted was to punish her.

"What are you talking about prince, I guess you had a misunderstanding, I was in my room." Martha stated with confidence, lying once again.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I'm shocked at how easily she's lying on my face. Just one truth I'm asking for, just tell me why, just one positive explanation. I was praying inside she can't be a traitor but every time she opened her mouth, she only lied and it got me angrier.

"What's this then?" I raised my palm to show that red bottle, I got from her room. The way her eyes widened looking at it, I expected she'll answer genuinely but...

"I've no idea about that Your Highness." She once again lied with that much politeness and the words she used felt like piercing nails.

Your Highness? Mother Martha called me Your highness? Huh...amazing.

"Deep inside the woods in a black cloak, hugging a man~ with fangs, Ahem...a vampire?" Looking deep into her eyes I tilted my head questioningly. My knuckles turned white from clenching my fist too hard.

I gritted through my teeth from the effort to remain silent, my hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid. My face was red with suppressed rage.

Martha's face got drained of color, her milky skin got pale as chalk, moisture left her rosy lips.

MARTHA'S POV

Adrenaline floods my system, It pumps and beats like it's trying to escape. I think my heart will explode and my eyes are wide with fear. My body wants to either run fast, but instead I remain where I am.

Let's face it, there is really only one thing I can do, Pray no one kills me. I can taste saliva thickening in my throat and beads of sweat trickling down my brow.

Jungkook's gaze poured gasoline onto the spark of fear in my belly. It's not like I was alright, I was far away from any inner peace. But he took words and fashioned them into a knife, sinking it in with cold eyes. And I know the one sitting in front of me isn't my son but a king.

And no matter how much he loves me, I'm just a criminal in his eyes now.

"I do owe you an apology my son, and there's no way I'm getting out of this...at least I can do one thing genuinely." I made up my mind inside, even if my mind was screaming not to, my heart knew this is the end.