❛❛37❞

Do you know how it feels when your feet are tied and you're said that you can fly? That rope tying your feet is giving you rashes, blood gushing out of the wounds. But the hope inside you, your heart isn't dead.

You want to fly, even if would take forever or would be hard, you want to. You don't want to give up yet. That is a kind of feeling lingering around Yeonjun's mind and heart.

Life was like killing his hopes once and then building them up again.

Once, he got to know that the only person he loved more than himself in this world, admired more than anyone even if he didn't get much of her attention. That person; his mom is no more there for him.

And the one who killed her is none other than Jeon Jungkook; the boy, his mother cared for more than him.

Then, a vampire out of nowhere appeared claiming to be his father? How was he supposed to feel? How was he supposed to believe that creature? Nonetheless, it made him believe him because it all made sense.

He was a Vamp-wolf; a hybrid of a werewolf and a vampire.

No wonder why he had blood lust, why he couldn't go in sunlight, why he hated garlic, why he had great hearing capability. It all did make sense. He was shocked but not disappointed.

After all, he got to know that he wasn't just a mere gamma but he held the powers of a Vampire; he could avenge his mother. Luther told him how he ended up being a vamp-wolf. He said that he and Martha were in love but the respective communities didn't accept their love.

They believed that a vampire and a werewolf can never be together. There was a war between the two communities where the Vampires lost. The Vampires had to call off; he and Martha didn't get to be together.

The werewolves won but Mr. Choi ended up losing his life in the war. Martha was pregnant with Yeonjun; Luther's child at that time. Everybody thought it was Mr. Choi's child but it was actually his; Luther's.

He and Martha had been meeting up behind everyone's back because they would kill her if they got to know about it and it happened in the end...

He ended up losing his love and Yeonjun ended up losing his mother. What an ironic life right? If it took his mother away from him, it gave him his father. He didn't know what to feel or say when all this came down pouring on him one by one.

He wasn't ready for it, he wasn't ready for any of it. But still, he held onto it for his dear life; his mother. He believed everybody has their bad days like the clouds of rain but once they go, the sun shines; happiness comes.

He felt a hand over his shoulder amidst his thoughts as he snapped out it and glanced beside him to see Luther looking at the front.

“Here we're, welcome home, my child,” Luther announced, wearing an ominous smile at the corner of his lips.

A huge palace stood on the ground in front of their eyes and it screamed nothing but evilness. Yeonjun could feel the dark vibes it was giving. Luther glanced at Yeonjun before swaying his hands forward as the large and slender gates flung open.

He gestured him to enter as they both walked inside. It was as if darkness possessed the castle, there wasn't even a single ray of light entering inside. Candles and firelights were lightened to enlighten the castle.

Luther took him inside as they walked through another corridor and finally entering a huge room where he could see other vampires like him standing. A huge throne was visible at the end of the room which he expected to be Luther's.

The other vampires gave him not-so-pleased looks as they walked close. Luther swung his cape in a dramatic manner and sat on his throne, Yeonjun standing beside him silently.