❛❛36❞

AUTHOR'S POV

The ancient forest was dark teak-brown. It reeked of age. Its woody incense was from centuries of snapping branches crashing to the forest’s floor and rotting silently.

Yeonjun walked over the crispy grass as some twigs crunched beneath his feet. As far as his eyes could drift, hoary fortresses trees stood proudly. He looked up to meet the darkness of night. The stars freckled the sky like luminous petals of glinting silver. Wood sorrel flecked the blanket of grass.

He walked and walked. He thought that this silent night in this dark forest was somehow bringing peace to his mind as well as his heart. But his steps were nowhere close to stop and his mind still lingered around his mother and Jungkook.

The rage and hatred for Jungkook was thriving inside of him. With every single second passing. He was urged to give him the death, the same pain he gave to his mother.

He just wanted to slit open his throat. He wanted to see the blood gushing out and life-sucking out of his body. He wanted to see him begging for life just like his mother would've done.

He could imagine his mother begging to spare her life and that rock-hearted Blood Moon King, Jeon Jungkook, not even listening to her. His heart skipped a beat at this thought and tears brimmed his eyes. First, his father and now his mother. Can god be more cruel?

It's said when the dark woods sleep and dream, we do the same until light gifts the day new bright and joyous hues. But he's forever stuck in this darkness and there's no bright day for him.

He can dream but they'll never come true. He wants to sleep and never wake up, ever. He had enough of all this, all his hope is crushed and nothing is left...

He clenched his fist tight that his knuckles turned white and he tried to hold back his tears which threatened to fall. His chin trembled like a small child and bent down on his knees as a tear fell down his cheeks and he sobbed when a voice echoed in his ears.

“Awh my poor child!” The voice held firmness and it was deep but you could feel that slight sadness in it.

Yeonjun's ear perked up and he wiped his tear because no matter what, he couldn't show anyone his weak and pathetic side. He looked up to meet two red crimson eyes.

There was standing a man with porcelain-like white skin, fangs protruding out of his mouth, his red-blood lips curving into an evil smile. He adorned all black and a red cape over his shoulders. The glint in his crimson eyes spoke of power and strength.

He took a step near Yeonjun, extending his hand forward to help him but Yeonjun immediately backed off in reflex, kind of scared from that creature.

“V-Vampire???” Yeonjun stammered and the Vampire in front of him let out a mischievous chuckle.

“Why? You doubt?” The vampire answered still coming towards Yeonjun.

“Who are you? Don't come near me!” Yeonjun retorted but the latter didn't seem to bother at all.

“I'm Luther; your father, my son.” The vampire said while approaching Yeonjun and he stopped dead in his tracks.

“My father and a Vampire?” Yeonjun scoffed, “No way! My father was a werewolf and he is dead! How dare you call yourself my father?!” Yeonjun growled and Luther saw his eyes changing color from chocolate brown to crimson red.

Luther smirked. He saw how angry he was on his father's mention, all fumed up. He very well knew what he had to do and get back what belongs to him.

“Really? Then how about you recall some memories? Ever felt Blood lust? Why couldn't you go out in the sunlight? Why couldn't you eat food which had garlic? Why could you hear footsteps miles away? Ever had the urge to tear apart someone's neck when you were angry?”