❛❛38❞

LOCKHEART PACK

AUTHOR'S POV

Whenever Taehyung felt stressed he was used to going somewhere quiet and still for a time, letting the feelings of fear and sadness ebb and flow. Then, when he is ready, he counts his blessings one by one, it turns him around.

After that, he rests some more until he's ready to reface challenges. But this time there wasn't any rest for him at all.

Whenever he tried to close his eyes to feel the breeze to relax an unknown feeling crawled up his back, restlessness plastered all over his forehead.

"Where's sola-" His voice died at the back of his throat when he saw his mate entering the room. She had cold sweat dripping down her forehead, her face pale as chalk while her eyes were dark with terror.

"Mr. Wang is here but Alpha…" Her voice cracked as she tried to calm her heavy breaths down.

Taehyung left the bed lunging over in her direction. Solar's frightened eyes and her words forced his mind to create thousands of petrifying scenarios he'll never want to witness in his entire life.

"What happened to Father?" He asked cupping her cheeks.

"Alpha is nowhere to be seen and the crew isn't in his perfect condition, we need to go!" She grabbed his hand and they ran towards the special room, their hearts praying for this to not be a bad sign.

As soon as their steps halted, they saw everybody surrounding Mr. Wang whose condition was way worse than they expected.

"Father! What happened?" Yibo asked his father; Mr. Wang as heart was thumping looking at the dead, lost eyes of him.

Luna's eyes were roaming behind Mr. Wang, trying to find any clue about his mate, her lips quivered while thinking about the possibilities but Mr. Wang's silence wasn't helping the situation either.

"What's wrong Uncle?" Taehyung was unable to swallow the lump formed in his throat, his fingers were fidgeting out of anticipation.

Y/N knelt down in front of the elder looking deeply at him trying to find any kind of consolation in his eyes.

Yibo's one hand was intertwined with Y/N while from the other he tried to assure his father, a storm was bubbling inside him. His father's condition was like a thunderbolt to it.

Yoongi was holding Luna helping her to be calm, his hand pressing her shoulder trying to calm her, trying to convince her that nothing's gonna happen but the words that came next from Mr. Wang's mouth froze the last bit of blood flowing through their veins.

"A-alpha...he jumped into the sea during a s-siren attack." His voice cracked while this heart crumbled into pieces, even the remembrance of it made his insides burn with guilt.

Y/N yelped clasping her mouth, her insides felt as if there was nothing, nothing to need feeding, nothing to have need of anything at all.

Luna's eyes went wide at that exclamation, her heart dropped to her stomach. She stumbled back registering Mr. Wang's words.

Her mate? He left her alone?

And between those million questions, her mind was confused at the fact how her blood was still warm? If he died she must have realised it, right?

Why her blood still had this warmth? Why the mark on her neck still felt alive?

"He died? Left me alone amidst all this?" She muttered as her eyes started stinging, flooding with tears.