❛❛46❞

LOCKHEART PACK

The clear rays of sun, shining above in the blue sky today were overwhelming in another chilly day. The guards—all armed—stood at either side of the main gates of the palace. But as if the bright day didn't want to stay any longer, a sudden thunder rumbled in the sky—engulfing the clear blue sky into its darkness.

Even though the weather was rather nice today than yesterday, it changed dramatically in just a blink of an eye. The guards eyed up at the sky in confusion. The change of weather they've witnessed in just two days is terrifying and it never meant anything good, always coming with bad luck.

“This weather scares me nowadays,” the guard spoke to the other guard, a sigh escaping his mouth.

Just when the other guard turned towards his side to respond, a flash of light hit the ground making both of them close their eyes in reflex. They stumbled back from their places and the next moment their eyes opened, they witnessed a black scroll hanging in the air.

“What the heck is that—” he was about to touch that piece of paper when a sudden force threw him back. It was as if a strange power was protecting it and the guard wasn't allowed to even touch it.

“No, don't touch it! Call your highness!” he shouted making the other guards pull their hands back and running towards the one laying on the ground groaning in pain.

The guard strode toward the inside of the palace, he entered the main hall letting out a huff, his eyes searching for the Alpha, “Your highness!” he shouted and proceeded to the stairs, running up toward the Alpha's room.

“Your highness!!” he halted in front of the Alpha's room and knocked on the door furiously.

After a few knocks, the door opened revealing Taehyung with his eyebrows furrowed and Solar coming from behind him.

“What happened? Why are you yelling?” Taehyung questioned with a puzzled look and worry in his voice.

“Are you okay? Why are you huffing?” Solar asked eyeing the guard anxiously.

“Your highness, there's—” the guard huffed, “there's something strange outside . . . something like a scroll,” he added.

“What? Again?” Taehyung breathed, rubbing his forehead and biting his lips.

“Let's go and check first,” Solar came forward placing her hand on his shoulders and he nodded.

The guard's previous yellings caught the other's attention too, the others came out of their rooms and ran toward them as well with confusion in their eyes. Soon they were standing near the main gate facing that scroll hanging amid the air.

“Oh my . . .” Luna gasped, covering her mouth with her palm. Taehyung and Jungkook clenched their fists in anger. It was the second time all of them were witnessing such a thing, however, it still is unusual for them.

Taehyung snatched the scroll in a swift, starting to read what bullshit that Vampire Lord has uttered once again. With every word that he was reading, his grip on the paper was tightening and he threw the scroll away, tearing it half when he was done reading it.

“The smaller packs were attacked by the vampires,” his fists and jaw clenched, “And we're called at the Rougeward,” he paused, “for a . . . war,” he added making the other's eyes widen. They knew the filthy Vampire Lord and his dirty tricks but they never expected he will shamelessly call for a war.

“Rogueward, that old cliff? . . . it's dangerous,” Yoongi murmured the last part to himself.

“Jung—” Taehyung was about to call his name when Jungkook got a sudden mindlink of Namjoon. Jungkook gestured for Taehyung to stop with his hand and he focused on his mindlink from Namjoon.