Chapter XXIX

"The wildlings are coming and they have an army. We have to be prepared." Jon spoke to Thorne and one could hear the tremble in his voice. "He said that it'll be the biggest fire the North has ever seen. That's the signal. He's got an advantage. His numbers are stronger than ours. We'll stand no chance unless we come up with a plan."

Earlier in the night a young boy by the name of Olly had arrived at the gates of Castle Black. He was out of breath and was looking for the Lord Commander. "I'm sorry son. He's dead." Thorne told him.

"It's wildlings. They've killed our entire village. My ma, my papa everyone I've ever knew and loved. There was a big man with hair of red and he let me live. He said to warn you that they're coming."

"They plan to breach the Wall. They have these devices that go on your feet and help you climb the wall." Jon told Thorne. "We must be ready to fight and win or we'll all die."

Thorne agreed and he sent for the Maester. There were a lot of abandoned castles along the wall and Jon had convinced Thorne to completely man Castle Black and forget the others. Castle Black was the stronghold of the Wall and since Snow had been a part of his army he knew what Raydar was planning.

"We get ready today and we wait. There'll be a lot to do so let's get started. NOW!" Thorne assigned everyone a position and gave them tasks to do. Everyone except Taliya. "You can stay with Gilly and the boy. Young girl can't wield a sword so you'll be like her personal guard." Taliya was annoyed by this but she nodded anyways.

As the day drew on Thorne called everyone in for a final meeting. "We are the watchers on this wall. We shall give our all and take out every last one of those bastards. At sundown say your prayers because for some of you it may be your last. Every man shall post up on the wall except the kitchen stewards. You'll stay below and man the front gates."

Taliya could sense the fear that was circulating the room and it was intense. She was ready and she'd be damned if she was gonna be locked away in some room while everyone else stood like men and fought.

The time was approaching and she made her way to her post and found Pip and Jon standing there. She walked up to them and they all looked out. Soon Sam came then Grenn. Her family was together for possibly the last time and she could feel the tears coming.

Once.

"Be brave. Fight hard. Stay true."

Twice.

A fire as big as the world could see was blazing right before there eyes. The heat was melting the snow around them. Then they saw them out of the trees looked like millions of ants making their way to the wall.

"I love you guys."