Chapter LIX

A moment of peace.

Sometimes that's all she asked for. To be able to take in the fresh air around her and enjoy life. Wonder floating through her mind as to how things would be for her if life were normal.

Maybe her and Jon would live in a little cabin somewhere. Little feet running through the fields and happiness illuminating from their smiles. Just a normal life.

Instead she was fighting the dead and standing for battles she had no part in. The things she would do for the man she loved. Giving her life if she had to.

All this ran through her mind as she watched Rickon run for Jon. His horse was throwing up mud as he rode through the open field. Struggling he held out his hand for his brother waiting for him to grab it.

As their fingers were about to touch the sound of silence grew. Jon kept going only to stop in the middle of the battlefield and notice his hand was empty.

"I

"I.. Rickon? Rickon!" Turning back he saw his youngest brother lying still on the ground before him.

He screamed then turned his attention to his brothers murderer. Ramsay. He sat upon the hill in front of them all wearing the biggest smile anyone had seen. Such a sick man.

Without a moments notice Jon charged toward the Bolton army as a shower of arrows rained over him. Taliya urged Davos to send the men forward.

"Well what are you bastards waiting for? Go! Follow your commander!"

Screams filled the cool air as bodies flooded the open field. Arrows still showering over them. Taliya kicked her steed in the side and unsheathed Boldstricken.

"May the Gods save us all."

Charging into the crowd she hung her sword low.

Flashbacks flooded her mind from the Battle of Castle Black as she let a few tears fall from her eyes.

Thump. Thump.

Her heart began racing.

Thump. Thump.

Taking a deep breath she raised her sword and clashed with the wave of soldiers in front of her.

"AHHHHHH!!!"

The screams of the men around her filled her ears.

"TORMUND!" She cried. His attention was captured as he swung his heavy axe towards her.

He hit the man behind her and she gasped for air.

Her sword swinging and making contact with anything in its way.

Blood misted through the air and splashed on the faces of everyone surrounding her.

"I miss the Wall." She thought to herself as she plunged her blade into the heart of the man across from her.

What was only minutes felt like hours as the bodies piled up around her and Jon's men.

"There's too many of them!" Tormund screamed as Ramsay's men closed in on them. With their spears held out they forced Jon's men to accept that they weren't making it out alive.

Taliya wiggled her way through tripping over bloodied limbs. She fell to the ground and was lost in the sea of death surrounding her.

"Jon? Jon?" She called as the men panicking trampled all over her. Taliya began to suffocate under all the weight.

"Is this it? Am I going to die?"