Chapter LV

As the gates rose she could feel some kind of fear wash over her. Beyond the Wall there was no sense of security, no sense of welcome. All she had out there was Benjin and even he wasn't a stability in her life.

The Godswood lay just beyond the edge of the forest. "A quick journey. That's all this is. No wildlings. No walkers. Just some kind of peace." She gave her horse a slight kick and made her way through the snow.

There was a type of beauty that a Godswood held that Taliya couldn't help but notice. As some would see them as frightening she saw serenity. Familiar faces from the past. The foundation on which the lands around her were built.

As she kneeled down she closed her eyes and began to pray.

"Please show me something. Anything. I need to leave the past behind me." She stretched out her hand to touch the face embedded in the bark.

Thick, sticky red sap ran through her fingers down her arm. She let it cover her arm and travel down her side. A river of red covered half of her body until the snow beneath her feet was a pool of amber red.

Stepping away she held her hand to her face. The sap was no longer thick as it turned darker.

Blood.

As most would be frightened by this Taliya took it as a sign, an omen of death. Winter was coming and it was bringing the dead with it.

She bent down & wiped her hands in the snow. In the pool of blood she saw a reflection of a woman. She turned to face the mysterious lady and immediately began to admire her.

Hair dark as the night with eyes as green as the hills. She was robed in a silky white gown and her skin illuminated as the snow fell upon her head.

"Who are you?" Taliya asked as her voice trembled slightly

"You don't recognize yourself anymore. Meeting yourself in the past, knowing yourself in the present and you're now discovering yourself in the future."

"So shall I address you as Kallima or Taliya?" Taliya knew the apparition of her future was a true light in the darkness. Maybe the war wasn't going to destroy her like she thought.

"You know I must keep some things hidden. You'll discover your true identity as the war is beginning. People you love will die. Others will betray you. Just know that happiness awaits you here. I must go but I have to tell you something of grave importance."

She bent down and whispered something in Taliyas ear. As Taliya backed away from her the spirit disappeared.

Mounting her horse she knew she had to travel to Castle Black and speak with Jon.

Now.