Chapter LI

"Tell me a story."

Sitting in front of the small fire he was trying to comfort her as best as he could. He thought maybe a distraction from what was going on would benefit her in that moment.

"Okay!" Kallima was excited to have met such a strange man. Even though he was just a stranger her rescuer seemed like he fit perfectly in her life.

"There was once a woman who fell in love. It was a forbidden type of love but she didn't care. True happiness is what she wanted in her life. She fell with child and the father was so happy!" She chuckled. "But the man betrayed the woman so she took the beautiful child and ran away. She always told the girl that there was power deep inside of her. It would start chaos so she hid her away deep in the mountains. For some time the bad father tried to take the girl so he planned to start a war. That's when the mother did something crazy."

"What happened?" Michedroa couldn't help but admit that he was highly interested in this child's tale.

"In the night she snuck away from her home and made way to the mans camp. Using her ancient magic she took the mans memories of everything. Of the woman, of the child and of the magic. The woman went away with her child and the father was never seen again."

"Wow! That's an interesting tale child. Where'd you hear such a story?" He asked her.

"My mother" Kallima answered.

She could feel her feelings start to come up as the tears welled in her eyes. The man moved closer to her and held her. Trying to reassure her that everything was going to be okay.

"I promise you'll see your mother again. We won't stop until we find her."