12.

Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL.
Monday.
August 2, 2021.
6:55 p.m.

Dayvon Daquan " King Von " Bennett

It had been a week since Von had seen or heard from Naamah, he had called her countless times and sent her many texts that would put a prideful man to shame. Von usually wouldn't even 'sweat' a female but Naa was something special to him. Everything between the two was happening fast but he liked it, he thought maybe that was the reason she had now suddenly became so distant. Or the fact that her mother could've possibly gotten in her head, since she didn't seem to really be fond of him. He pushed those thoughts in the back of his mind and he looked down at his phone still seeing all his messages delivered. Today he had a studio session but he really wasn't up for it. Now Von knew for a fact something was wrong with him since he didn't even feel like doing what he had loved.

"Yo you seen this shit? They found a body at the landfill, said the nigga was cut up in pieces in a trash bag," Durk informed looking around the busy room.

Von listened in but had an unfazed expression because in the back of his mind he knew crazy shit like that happened on the daily in Chicago.

"Said teeth marks were found on the nigga and a couple of his fingers were missing including his left eye," Durk added holding up his phone reading the article in peer amusement. Now that had caught Von's attention completely and a smug look came about on his face, "who was that nigga into it with the fucking mafia?" Von asked but it came out in a joking manor causing the whole room to erupt with laughter.

Suddenly many women entered the room and Von stood up, stretching a bit.

"You ready V.Roy?" Durk asked.

Von shook his head, "nah not today I don't think o ain't really up for this shit right now," he confessed truthfully then pointed towards Booka, "give him the session."

Durk nodded understanding, "take care nigga."

Von exited the room and adjusted the hat on his head, walking through the lobby out to his car. He got inside his vehicle and looked down at his phone which was clutched tightly in his hand before dialing a number. He placed it against his ear, licking over his lips as he heard the loud ringing which sounded 20x louder to him since he was so anxious.

"Hello?" Naamah's sweet voice answered which sounded like music to his ears.

"So you don't fuck with me no more?" He questioned getting immediately to the point, everyone knew Von wasn't one to beat around the bush.

"Who is this?" She asked.

Von thought she was being funny nearly about to snap until he realized he did call her private, "Von," he replied. "I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I did for you to flake on me how you did?" He questioned sounding very simp like. Von had a hard exterior to the streets but when it came to someone he loved he was a sweetheart who loved hard, maybe too hard. "Was I too rough to you or some? Let me know," he demanded continuing to look about at his surroundings.