8.

Chicago, IL

Chicago, IL.
Sunday.
July 11, 2021.
9:38 a.m.

Naamah Briar.

The sun peered from the curtain causing her eyes to slowly begin to open. She started to sit up in bed but failed once she realized there was an arm wrapped around her tightly. She gasped turning over shaking him to ensure he was in fact still alive. He groaned from her aggression and let his eyes open a bit, "fuck you doin'?" Von questioned.

She shrugged slightly unsure what to say, "I'm sorry.. I have to pee," she lied.

Von released his arm from around her and shifted his body until he grew comfortable once again, closing his eyes back.

Naa grabbed her phone and went into the bathroom shutting the door behind her, calling her mother's number. After a few rings she had answered sounding rather sleepy, "hello?" She greeted unsure why her daughter was calling so early in the morning. "Mommy I slept with someone an-and he's still alive.. Well I didn't have sex with him bu-but I didn't eat him either," she whispers into the phone surprised that Von was still in one piece.

"Why do you have a boy sleeping over?" Her mother questioned now sounding fully awake.

"Remember when I said this boy touches me I grow hot well it was him an-and nothing happened between us last night but he made me feel.... Whole," she confesses finally admitting in a way that she might have something for Von.

"You like him?" Lily questions.

"I think so..."

Lily smacked her lips, "there is no way someone like you can like someone Naamah it isn't in your nature.. You know what you are and you know what your purpose is," her mother informs making Naa's feelings now take a turn for the worse. Maybe her mother was right, she couldn't like someone, eventually her growing a liking to them would only cause her to harm them in the end. But then again maybe she could like Von but there wouldn't be any sexual acts between the two?

"I understand," Naa mumbles ending the call not wanting to hear another word.

Naa flushed the toilet which she didn't bother to actually use and pretended to wash her hands. Then she exited the bathroom, "Von you got-" She then stopped speaking once she realized he was no longer in the bed. She rushed out the room looking around the living room then in the kitchen, not seeing the black trash bag lingering around anymore.

Suddenly the front door opened and Von entered, shutting it behind him.

"Where did you go?" She asks staring at him.