18.

Hell ( /hel/ )
noun
the place or state of punishment of the wicked after death; the abode of evil and condemned spirits

-

Dayvon Daquan "King Von" Bennett.

"You really love that girl don't you?" Durk had questioned looking over at Von who seemed to be lost in his own thoughts as he stared forward with complete emptiness in his eyes. "I don't know 'bout love bu-"

"Nigga ain't no buts stop bein' in denial either you do or you don't but it's visible you do. You willing to literally go to the ends of the Earth jus' to get her back," Durk informed then took a long drag of the backwood before sending it over to Von who quickly denied it with a simple shake of his head. "You get her back then what if she run off again?" Durk wondered.

Von looked over at him, "I ain't think that far," he confessed. Truth was he just wanted Naamah in his presence once again, he felt as if he was mentally dying inside without her. This was possibly how she had been feeling physically as her body was falling apart when she was near him but he was the opposite, he was falling apart without her. Love has all sorts of sick and twisted terms and condition written in the fine print which you sometimes had to look deep into your soul to find.

"Man you gotta think, what if you go to hell where she at and you ain't allowed to come back?" Durk asked. He didn't wanna think about losing V.Roy forever, that was the last thought on his mind. He was like a brother to him. But he also knew that when Von loved, he loved hard - under any circumstance.

Von simply shrugged, "so be it."

Booka suddenly leaned up from the backseat, "why you ain't try to pass me the wood tho?" He wondered looking around with confusion written across his face.

"Cause you ain't no fuckin' help he need this shit more than me," Durk confessed trying to hand it over to Von once more. Only this time he didn't deny it he took a few long drags before exhaling through his nostrils admiring the perfectly rolled leaf in his fingertips. "I'm takin' this bitch with me," Von insisted.

"Bitch what if you see Tooka?" Booka joked.

Von chuckled, "find his ass and beat him up like I been sayin'.."

"Don't forget why you there goofy ass," Durk reminded with a smile on his face.

"Naamah, nigga I know.." Von recalled before they each exited the vehicle walking up the small steps to the building. They had did some research and found somebody who could do exactly what they needed to be done. Von raised his fist to knock but before he could open the door, it had already croaked open for him. Booka turned on his heels starting to walk back to the truck and Durk reached out pulling him back, "bring yo scary ass on."

Booka quickly snatched away as he was tugged inside the building, "nigga I don't do this shit I am black, on lil Mo grave this shit scary y'all tweakin'!"

"Go wait your ass outside then in the car.. By your damn self!" Von directed.

Booka folded his arms over his chest, "nah you right, I'm good with y'all."

Durk decided to lead the way and the smell of sage danced through their nostrils, there was a woman who was rather petite. She appeared to be waving a feather over a smoking coffee cup it looked to be. "You've arrived," she announced as the beaded curtains danced as they all entered the dimly lit room. "I've been waiting for you Dayvon.."

Von eyes lit up and they slightly twinkled as the many candles flicked around him.

"How does she know his name? See I'm out," Booka spat starting to walk the opposing direction but Durk placed his hand on his chest aggressively.

"Have a seat," the woman demanded in a soft voice with a thick southern accent, she had white paint decorated over her face as if it were a mask with a large head wrap containing her dreaded head. Her eyes were a piercing green with her skin caramel toned with full thick lips. She was absolutely stunning, but not more stunning than Naamah.

Once everyone was seated the woman mentioned she was a descendant from Marie Laveau, who was a voodoo queen in New Orleans. She explained to the how he legacy still thrives all throughout New Orleans, people leave her gifts and things like that at her tomb and are sometimes granted wishes.

"I know why you're here and the answer is, yes, I can help you.." She started, "what you're asking for is very risky and the truth is you might not be able to come back by me bringing you. You have to come back on your own if need be," she said.

Von shrugged, "okay cool I'll just come back, simple.."

"Coming back isn't that simple, you're going to a dark place.. Very dark, a part of me senses you won't be able to come back on your own. You'll need the strength of others to guide you. It would be quite different if you were on a journey to heaven but hell works very differently.. Especially if that's where you belong in the afterlife," she informs.

Durk clutched onto Von shoulder before he spoke, "you sure you wanna do this shit?"

Von snatched away, "yeah nigga."

"You have a very dark past Mr. Bennett are you sure you wish to proceed?" The woman questioned.

"What my past gotta do with this?" Von wondered unsure what he was walking into it.

"Everything..." She replied with fear written in her eyes although she tried not to show it.

"Take me there..." Von demanded.