19.

"Wake him up, he's been gone too long," Durk demanded. The woman looked to him and shook her head, "time is very different there an hour to us is only five minutes to him," she informed, "we let him sleep," she says just as she runs her hand over Von's forehead as he lays there seeming to be completely at peace.

This place Von was in was dark, it was cold and almost lonely. He wasn't sure where he was but he knew he couldn't see anything. He felt as though he was viewing himself as if he really was there in person, which was the absolute truth. But he wasn't in hell, not even close to it. Suddenly the sound of large boots stomping against a wet pavement swayed past his ears, he looked over seeing it was himself. He seemed to be on a mission of some sort heading somewhere. His hair was rather short as if he had just started his dreads. His face was young and immature compared to now. "Hey," Von called out to himself already knowing what was about to play out. It was the time he had caught his first body, all of his senses were involved. The smell of the rain, the air coming from his mouth as the weather was becoming more crisp by the minute. Younger Von was determined with it written all amongst his face.

The sound of the gun going off several times replayed over and over in his ears, causing them to rang with a high pitched screech.

Von quickly covered his ears and begin ducking down to shield his body as he stood in the middle of the street as his younger self started running directly into his direction, but the young boy went right through him, showing he was completely invisible.

Moments later the action replayed again, the shoes stomping at the pavement the feeling of the wind colliding against his skin then the several loud bangs.

Von's head started to pound as it continued again and again, "wait," he said to his past self reaching out before his own body had hit the ground.

Suddenly, he had woken up to the sounds of many tires screeching and the smell of gun powder stroking against his nostrils, the loud yells shared back and forth between the groups. His eyes gently opened and he saw his younger self standing over his own body, not realizing he was beneath himself. He saw himself yelling, and had one of his arms reaching out indicating he was shooting at the opposition.

As Dayvon was reliving his old life over and over again, Durk and Booka only wanted him to awake. It had been in that dark place for a little over three hours. Durk scratched at his head watching Von's body as he laid there lifeless. He put his fingers against the pulse on his neck feeling his skin rather cold. "Why he feel like that?" Durk wondered with his large eyes moving back and forth but kept them on the woman. She sighed slowly, "as I explained his soul isn't in his body at the moment we need him to come back when he is ready thats if he does," she informed.

"No bitch you listen to me, on Steve you gone bring him back or I'm goin' in to get that nigga myself or matter fact you comin' too," Durk spat to her with much aggression in his voice.

The woman nodded slowly, "if I do not belong there I will not be allowed in."

"Don't you do voodoo? That make you evil as fuck," Durk assured, "your ass belong there. Do unto others as you'd do to yourself and you do bad shit cause that's what folks pay you for so I ain't tryna hear excuses. Ya' past gone hunt you jus' as much as ours is," he insisted looking her up and down.

She sat there in silence taking in his words.

"SWEET!" The loud deep voice said and the sound of Candy Crush played softening the moment. Durk's head quickly went past his shoulder and his eyes fell to Booka who seemed to be occupying himself. That was until he could feel eyes on him and he slowly looked up meeting both of their cold gazes.

"What nigga it's been like four hours?" He questioned simply shrugging.

Durk shook his head in utter disappointment then gave his attention back to the woman.

"What you say your name was?" He asked.

"Mary Leveau," she replied.

"You look like a Mary," he joked.

She suddenly laughed, showing she had a sense of humor under that hard exterior she showed.

"You got lambs?"

"Yes, I have lambs to sacrifice them," she responded to Booka's question.

"Now that damn nursery rhyme makes sense."

She nodded, "every nursery rhyme has a dark meaning to it, Ring around the Rosie is about a plague. The ring is a red rash they'd get so that showed they had the disease, posies were the flowers they stuffed their pockets with thinking they could heal them. Ashes ashes, were them being cremated. And lastly we all fall down is indicating they lost their battle and died," she informed.

"No fuckin' way, Three Blind Mice?" Booka quizzed.

"That's about Mary, daughter of King Henry. Three Protestant bishops plotted against her and well you can do the rest," she mumbled.

"Jack and Jill," he questioned.

"When they say Jack fell down and broke his crown he was being beheaded, and you understand his sister Jill tumbling after..." She answered with a sky shrug.

"The world so dark," Booka admitted causing Durk to laugh slightly, "hell yeah I had no idea. My kids won't be singin' none of that shit."

"On my soul," Booka replied.

Mary stood there laughing a bit to herself as she heard them speaking amongst themselves.

Suddenly, Von's body begin to twitch.

Mary rushed over to him, seeing his eyes still shut tightly but he appeared to be stirring in his slumber. "What's wrong with him?" Durk wondered walking over with Booka walking closely behind him. Durk's brows were furrowed in confusion as well as Mary's as she tried to contain his body from beginning to shake violently. "I-I don't know this has never happened before," she insists a bit startled by her sight. Durk could see the fear written all over her face, "is he dyin' or some shit?!" He shouted at her.

She quickly shook her head, "no.. He's coming back... But he isn't alone."