Chapter 9 - Never say Never

IMPORTANT NOTE: This part was supposed to have more descrptive...interactions... but it would have been privated...

If you want to check the whole chapter, you can always go to the ao3 version

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/3282047/chapters/7165424

Everything changed since the double date and Harry still can’t stop smiling. He wakes up at night wanting to text Louis that he likes him, just to see him say it back. He’s on a cloud and he’s never been so happy to be this high.

It seems like Louis is too because he can’t stop grinning whenever they see each other, more than usual anyway.  He brings him his cup of tea with cinnamon cakes every morning in the office, he intertwines their fingers whenever they’re sitting next to each other, he invites him on dates Harry finally agrees to go to and he can’t help kissing the boy goodbye everyday.

 They learn more little things about each other, like the fact that Louis takes croissants dipped in hot chocolate in the morning, or that he enjoys a cup of tea in bed just like Harry, or that he’s a good skater – it just came up. A few irrelevant things to anyone that turn out to be more reasons to like each other.

It’s been a week since their last ‘date’, even though they spend every minute together, and Harry can’t wait for this weekend. Eleanor will be out, probably with the mystery guy, so they’ll have the mansion to themselves. Louis hasn’t confronted his wife about it yet. He’s glad she’s found someone that can make her feel like Harry does him. He’s also glad she’s too distracted by her own secrets to track his.

Harry’s been working hard enough to leave early today. He’s supposed to go to Louis’ house at seven but he wants to freshen up and prepare himself for what he hopes the night will become. He’s been thinking about it all week. He just hopes nothing comes in their way. And no, he didn’t think about having sex, it was way too early for that, he was thinking about something else. Something he hoped Louis would say.

He throws half his closet on his bed before grabbing a black see through shirt, his black skinnies and black leather boots, with his green and yellow beanie. He figures he might as well dress casual. He loves how laid back Louis is outside the office hours. He loves that the man can pull off a suit just as much as sweats and jumpers. He’s so tiny yet so intimidating Harry struggles to control himself whenever he sees that feathery fringe.

As he walks to Louis’ house, he can’t help feeling weird and turns around, feeling watched by someone or something. Whenever he tries to look though, no one is around, so he keeps walking, shrugging and frowning. Today can’t be the day he dies. God no.

When he reaches Louis’ porch, he still feels eyes on him but erases the thought quickly. Maybe he’s just paranoid because he’s afraid Eleanor would find out about this. Maybe he’s paranoid someone else finds out, breaking the world he’s built with Louis.

‘Hey.’ The man greets him when he opens the door. ‘Been waiting for you.’

‘Hiii. Brought you muffins.’ And Louis pretends to be pregnant as he mimics a bump on his belly. If he eats one more of those muffins, he’s going to choke. Harry laughs before stepping into the mansion.

When Louis closes the door, they stare at each other for a moment before he steps forward to kiss the boy.