Chapter 21 - Home

The first night back in Doncaster felt unreal. It was like they’d never left. The flat was intact, the memories rushing right back, making them smile at every corner of every room. They unpacked partly for a while and then decided to finish later and take a nap. Louis was exhausted and had trouble getting every boxes upstairs, or so he says. Harry didn’t complain as it meant cuddling with him in bed and do nothing else.

‘I can’t believe we’re gonna have our own little human.’ Harry grinned as he stared at the ceiling.

‘First of all, don’t call her that. Second of all, how do you think that works ?’

‘And I was so sure you knew everything about making babies…’ Harry giggled and Louis slapped his chest.

‘I mean, how do you adopt ? Do you think it’s going to be hard to find the good one ?’

‘I was thinking more about a surrogate ?’

‘I’m not sure that’s legal though…Not for us anyway.’

‘Oh.’

‘But we could find a teenage mom ? I’m sure that’s not going to be hard.’

‘I guess. We don’t have to rush anything anyway. I want to make things right.’

‘Yeah...’ Louis said as he watched Harry giving him his frog-y smile. He moved to nuzzle in his chest and wrap his arm around his neck to rest his lips on Harry’s hand, closing his eyes as he enjoyed his boyfriend’s touch.

‘There’s something I need to-‘ Louis started but his phone rang.

As soon as he hung up after a few ‘what’ and ‘okay’, he turned to Harry to explain everything.

‘They found Eleanor. Apparently she was at the country club with a guy and her credit card got rejected since she used one of those I blocked. Long story short, we’re suing her. Zayn said he’s already on it and that it’s going to be easy to win.’ Louis announced and Harry couldn’t be more relieved. Going back to Doncaster was already a good choice.

‘Should we get back to unpacking ?’ He said after hugging Louis for the news.

‘Really ? Already ? I feel a bit tired, can’t you do it for me ?’ Louis said with all his teeth out and Harry put his hands on hips and tilted his head with a knowing look. He knew Louis had never been the type to exercise much, or move when given the choice. So he went back to the car and took all the boxes until there was nothing to do anymore. Until everything was just like before.

‘Should we invite Niall, Zayn and Liam over  to tell them we’re back ?’ Harry suggested, and Louis nodded immediately.

‘Let’s say tomorrow, I can’t wait to see them again !’ Louis was his happy self again and Harry couldn’t be more pleased with that.

‘My dad told me Ben quit his parts, I don’t even know what he had to do to convince him but, I got my job back !’ Louis said the morning after the move in, or move…back ?