Chapter 14 - Forever

‘Mr Tomlinson ?’ Harry turned around in fear. This isn’t happening. Not now. ‘How did you even know I was here, do you have minions following me or something ?’

‘You shouldn’t use this attitude with me son. I had a meeting in this area and saw you. Thought I’d have a word with.’ Of fucking course.

‘Why ? Do you need a punching bag ?’ And Harry didn’t know where this attitude came from but he couldn’t control anything coming out of his mouth. He was sick of everyone and everything coming in his way, in their way.

‘I just need to talk to you, I think maybe you didn’t hear me the first time.’ Louis’ dad had a serious and creepy look on his face, as if he was ready to choke Harry to death and hide his body without anyone knowing, Harry thought anyway.

‘Look Sir-‘

‘No you listen. I was going to a nice lunch with a friend but got humiliated because of you. Do you think you can sleep around with my son doing God knows what in a stadium and walk around holding his hands in his own office ?! Do you think you can ruin his life ?!’

‘You know what. Yes. I do think I can. You know why ? Because he’s my boyfriend, and I shall kiss him, hold his hand and make love to him on the grass if I feel like it.’

And maybe this was a bit too much, but Harry couldn’t take it anymore, he didn’t want to look down anymore. He had been through hell to get the man he loves back, he wasn’t losing him once again.

‘I know you think two guys being together is wrong but tell me one thing: did your son ever stole ? Did he ever betrayed or disrespected you ? All he ever did was oblige and do whatever you’d tell him to do because he fucking loves you and all he ever wanted was to be enough for you…’ And maybe Harry wasn’t just talking about Louis but he just went with it, lost in his words. ‘…He’s always been there for you to cater to your every sickening need and never put himself first. He fucking married a woman just to please you and spent years being miserable having to hide who he really was. So don’t you dare come to me to tell me I ruined your son or his life. You did.’

By the time Harry was finished, he was out of breath. The man standing in front of him wasn’t the same man who had been threatening him. It was a shocked, confused man who didn’t know what to say back.

‘And while I’m at it, I love him, to death. And if you spent just one second not bitching about your conservative diktat, you’d realise that he’s been happier with me than he ever was with her. So if your son being gay and happy is the worst thing that could happen to you, I’d say you’re a pretty lucky guy, no matter how bloody blind you are.’

The man wasn’t moving. He was just standing still, petrified. Had Harry managed to talk some sense into him ? Did he actually listen to him ? Harry couldn’t tell. The man jus fled through the trees not saying a word, exiting the park as he glanced at Harry one more time.

So, that went well, Harry thought, already collapsing on the bench, adding one more problem to his list. When his phone rang, he just wanted to disappear from Earth.

‘Hello ?’

‘Harry ! Finally ! Everyone’s looking for you !’ Niall was panicking, rushing the words.