Chapter 19 - Fantasies

WARNING: This chapter contains mature content

‘Dad ?.’ Louis answers hesitant when he sees the caller ID. When no one answered on the other side of the line, he tried to overhear some sort of noise. All he could hear was his mother. It had been a long time not seeing them or even hearing from them and his heart shook at the sound of her voice. He missed her despite everything. He even missed his dad. He’d never tell Harry that though. He wouldn’t want him to feel guilty for keeping him away from his family.

‘Louis. I heard about Eleanor.’ His dad said and Louis tried his best not to break in front of Harry after hearing how upset his dad sounded. It wasn’t the angry upset, more like the concerned kind of upset that would normally make him come knock on Louis’ door to fix everything. Sure, he wasn’t too keen on Louis’ sexuality, but he was a good dad. He would do anything for his children.

‘I still can’t believe she did that.’

‘To be honest, I wasn’t surprised…’ Louis’ dad mumbled in the phone.

‘How come ?’

‘Well, not that it bothered me but, she’s the one who told me about you and…the boy. She even called me the day of your accident, saying I had to separate you two. And to be honest, I was thankful at the time…’

‘I’m not even surprised at this point…But what do you mean at the time ?’

‘Listen Louis, I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my fifty years of existence, but pushing you away was the biggest of them all.’ His dad was beginning to sob. He had never heard his dad do that, never saw him cry. He was the kind to never show his weakness and always say how important it was to be strong. Yet he was slowly beginning to cry talking to his son.

‘Dad-‘

‘No. Look, I should have listened to you. I miss you. I miss my son.’ Martin said and Louis couldn’t hold back his tears anymore.

‘I miss you too dad. And mom, and the girls.’ Louis confessed as the two of them cried in unison.

Harry noticed and pulled him to his chest, waiting for him to finish before asking any questions.

‘I’m so sorry son. And I hope you’ll forgive me one day. I met someone like you a few days ago and it opened my eyes. The boy looked just like you, he was sitting on the bench in front of me at the park and when his…partner…joined him, I saw it. I saw the same sparkle you had when you were looking at him in the hospital room. It was the same look I had given your mom when we fell in love. And it hit me.’ His dad explained as Louis carefully listened to every single word with puffy eyes. ‘ I had never considered two guys feeling that way for each other, but if it’s as nearly as genuine and overwhelming as the feelings I have for your mother, I figured it couldn’t be so wrong ? That maybe you fell in love with a person, not whether it’s a woman or not ?’ His dad had a voice Louis had never heard before. It was calm and apologetic. ‘Do you love him Louis ?’ His dad barely managed to ask.

‘Yes. A lot.’ Louis cried.

‘Than I accept it.’