Chapter 22 - I will always love you

Today was the day of the last hearing. It was their only chance to get Eleanor for what he had done. They just weren’t prepared for what was to come.

‘I would like to bring to court the evidence of Mrs Tomlinson’s fraud. She deliberately lied to my client and signed the divorce papers but never turned them in, she visited him in London and pretended to be in good faith.’ Zayn started.

‘Go on.’ The judge said.

‘She got into Mr Tomlinson’s personal activities and took an illegitimate proof. Indeed, the day the tape was recorded wasn’t before their marriage supposedly ended. It took place way after that. However, Mrs Tomlinson’s activities took place way before my client even considered the divorce.’

‘What is he talking about ?’ Harry leaned to ask Martin but he shrugged. Louis glanced at him from where he was sitting and nodded, reassuring Harry.

‘What are you saying Mr Malik ?’

‘A year and a half prior to my client’s demand for divorce, Mrs Tomlinson was seen with another man: Mr Shane Reeves, her former boyfriend.’

‘Do you have any proof of what you’re stipulating ?’ Eleanor’s lawyer groaned.

‘Here, this is a shot from the restaurant he works at. It was taken the week after their wedding. The restaurant provided me with the CCTV footage and Mr Shane Reeves can confirm.’

‘But he was gay !’ Eleanor screamed, furious.

‘Mr Dunkan please keep your client quiet.’ The judge said before continuing. ‘ And why would Mr Reeves confirm this ?’

‘Mrs Tomlinson has a history of stealing money from men. She has been seen with various business men over the years, took their money and ran away, back to my client without him even knowing. Not to mention that she is surprisingly related to Mr Nathan Sykes who took part in a shooting at the local mall in search of my client. I think Mrs Tomlinson here is hence not to be trusted as to the reality of her statements.’ Zayn was talking with a strong plan as Harry was gasping every five seconds. Why hadn’t Louis told him any of that ? Did he even know ?

‘In consequence, I’d like to ask first of all for confirmation of the divorce and for compensation for my client, who has been manipulated, lied to, stolen from, taken hostage in a shooting and tricked by his wife.’ The court was quiet, everyone waiting for the judge’s decision as Louis bit his lip and glanced at Harry who was held by the man’s dad, the two of them waiting for the verdict.

‘Mrs Tomlinson, we pronounce you guilty of fraud, theft and for taking part into a hold of hostages that caused one death. You will have to return all the goods kept from your marriage and we will see you again to define the length of stay in the local prison.’ The judge announced and Harry let a loud sigh out, falling on his lap as Louis’ dad patted his back excitedly.

Louis hugged Zayn as he jumped on the spot and looked down on Eleanor before reaching Harry and kiss him without a care.