Chapter 4

Cassie

The first week of school went by easily enough. Throughout the week, I hung out with Drew and his friends and it was great. Now it was Saturday, and I could finally relax. I was eating a bowl of cereal when I heard a knock at the door. Standing up, I went to the door. Upon opening it, I saw Alyssa standing there, Elizabeth by her side.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask them. Alyssa's jaw drops and she looks me up and down. The look of disgust and shock is clear.

"Girl! Why are you still in pajamas? Did you forget about shopping?" I pursed my lips,and my eyes went wide. Alyssa sighed and marched in, Elizabeth following right behind. "Okay, since you clearly forgot, I am going to help you get ready so we can go shopping in style."

"Alyssa, I just need to put on some shorts and a top for my clothes. We aren't going to a red carpet party."

"Don't care. Where's your room?" 

I looked at Elizabeth. "Is she always like this?" Elizabeth nodded and chuckled.

"Trust me, she gets weirder the more you get to know her, but you get used to it." Alyssa rolled her eyes and looked at me.

"Bedroom is upstairs." I say sighing. She smiles, grabs my hand, and brings me upstairs to my room. "Can I ask why we are making a big deal out of my outfit choice?" Alyssa groans and looks at me.

"Girl, you are new here. You need to make a good first impression, and that means looking good. I'm not going to put you in a floor length ball gown, but as your new friend, I will be making sure you look incredible."

"Okay fine. If that will make you happy, then go ahead." Alyssa squealed and ran to my closet.

"Let's see here." Alyssa gave a quick look to my face before sticking her head in my closet. "With your skin tone, I'd say you would look fabulous in red. Ah! Here is the perfect top." Alyssa pulled out a red burgundy crop top with a tie in the middle. "Now bottoms."

"Okay, I have one question." I turned to Elizabeth who spoke. "Did you really spill your drink on Drew and then offer to clean it?"

"Yeah, I felt bad for spilling it on him. Plus, I'd rather have him like me, than him get mad giving me a new enemy." Elizabeth sucked in a breath and looked at Alyssa who was holding a white shirt and vans.

"You want me to tell her or should I?" Alyssa asked.

"Tell me what?"

"Honey, the fact that you are new and associate yourself with Drew already gives you an enemy."

"What?" Alyssa sighed and set down the clothes.

"Well, you know how every school has that dedicated mean/popular girl? Like Regina George, or the OMG girls. The one or ones that the whole school admires and fears at the same time? The one you think is only in those cheesy romance novels or movies? Well, we have one of those."

"And what does that have to do with being friends with Drew? Is she a super jealous girlfriend?"

"Not exactly. Her name is Bethany. Classic A-bitch. Now we aren't judging her off of what she wears. Personally, I think she has good taste. However, she is a total bitch and a bully. She has sex with a ton of guy, which is whatever, but she treats people like trash. Spreads fake rumors, pits people against each other for her own entertainment, and acts like she is above everything."

Alyssa's voice held nothing but disgust and hatred for this girl. It made me wonder if this Bethany girl had done anything specifically to Alyssa. Maybe lied about something, stole a boyfriend maybe, or humiliated her in front of the whole school.