Chapter 19

Drew

"You ready for today?" I asked Cassie. We were standing by her locker, waiting for our third class to start. She looked up at me with a smile, making my heart pound again.

"You know it. I give the intro and you play the video?"

I nodded and the bell the rang. I grabbed her hand and we walked towards the classroom. I saw her cheeks go slightly pink at my actions, only making me smirk. She saw my expression and bumped my shoulder with hers. I laughed as we entered the room and sat down in our seats. Mrs. Grimm came in the room and looked around, noticing the few empty seats. Grumblings to herself, she sat down and opened the agenda.

"So I hope you all remembered your project was due today and we are presenting them. Even with our absent students, we will still be presenting. Who wants to go first?" Two students raised their hands. "Okay, Grace and Daniel go ahead."

We waited while the first pair presented and I kept folding my hands together, sweat building up. Cassie noticed and reached for my hands and squeezed them. I sent her a grateful smile and turned back to the front of the room. The presentation finished and Cassie and I offered to go next. We stood up and set our presentation up. I nodded at Cassie and she started.

"Our prompt was the important of friendship. Well there isn't an exact definition on friendship or why we find it important. The only constant we could both truly agree on is that friends will be there to keep you happy. They make you laugh and smile and the connections are amazing. So instead of coming up with a way to say this in a presentation, we thought it'd be easy to show you." Cassie looked at me and I pressed play on the video.

The video started with the song "See You Again" and had many pictures and small clips of our friend group. Cassie stood next to me with my arm around her shoulders as we watched the video. Cassie had made the video while I wrote the essay and she told me I wouldn't be able to watch the video until the class saw it. I was amazed. I remember all the times we hung out with either just us or the group and Cassie was always the first to take a picture or video.

There were pictures of us two in a selfie, either normal or us being weird. A lot were Alyssa, Liz, and Cassie hanging out or being stupid at the mall. Sometimes Cassie had filmed Alyssa scaring people or Alyssa and her many Starbucks drinks. Some pictures were sent in by our other friends with pictures I never knew were taken--most of those being of me and Cassie. The video ended with a selfie of all of us doing random faces and I had a huge smile on my face. The class clapped and I hugged Cassie. She laughed and gave me a small smile.

"That was amazing. Thank you Drew and Cassie. Cute video." Mrs. Grimm said.

I leaned down and whispered in Cassie's ear. "Best video ever."

~~~

Cassie

It's been a month since school had started again. Drew and I got a 98 on our project, leaving us with the highest grade in the class. I ended up showing the video to the rest of our friends and they loved it. I still remembered the way Drew whispered in my ear after the video was over. His voice had sent shivers down my spine and at this point they still do. He was taking me out on another date tonight and I couldn't be happier.

I was staring at myself in the mirror when I heard the doorbell ring. I ran downstairs and opened the door to see Drew in a suit. "Who knew you could clean up this nice." I said with a smirk.

Drew smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. We broke apart and he took a moment to look at my dress Alyssa picked out the day before. "You look beautiful."