Chapter 7

Cassie

"Finally free!" Alyssa shouted. I laughed and swung my arm over her shoulder, walking out of school. "Okay so what are our plans?"

"Job hunt." I said. "Any suggestions?"

"Starbucks. That way you can give me a free coffee."

"Yeah, don't think I'm gonna do that."

"Rude." I laughed and shrugged.

I looked over at Drew. "You got a suggestion?"

"There's the bookstore."

"Yeah, I think I might look at that one."

"And not Starbucks? Come on girl, I gave you the best idea."

"If it's so good, why don't you work there?"

Alyssa scoffed. "Now that is one terrible idea. Anyway, I was thinking we should all go to the beach."

"I'm down."

"Sick. Drew?" Alyssa and I both looked at him.

"Sure. I don't have a ton to do."

"Yes! I'll text Elizabeth. She'll tell John. Tomorrow. Finally we are going to the beach!"

Drew raised his brows. "Didn't you go like two or three weeks ago?"

"Yes, and that was a very long time ago. See you Cass." Alyssa ran off ahead and I chuckled.

"Aren't you her ride?" I asked. He shrugged.

"She'll just walk or something. We honestly should walk, but we don't ever feel like it."

"Nice. I got to go. See you at the beach?"

"That's the plan." I smiled and nodded.

"Cool. Bye Drew."

"See you." I walked towards my car and drove home.

~~~

"Okay, I have my swimsuit, sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, book, phone, and water. I still need shoes." I grabbed my flip flops and slipped them on. Taking a final look in the mirror, I made sure I was good to go and walked out the door to my car.

It was a twenty-minute drive to the beach, and when I finally made it, I saw the boys setting up a canopy with Alyssa yelling at them.

"You are supposed to put it on the right side! John that is the left! No you stick the pole in the hole!"

I laughed as she continued yelling and began walking when I saw Elizabeth walking down.

"Hey girl." I called to her. She smiled and ran over.

"I see Alyssa is having fun." She said looking at the three.

"One word for it. You didn't drive up with John?"

"He was going to drive me, but I said no. He lives five minutes away. I live thirty. It would be a waste to come and get me." I nodded. "Should help them?" I looked over to where Elizabeth was pointing. The canopy had now fallen and Alyssa and John were both arguing.

"I'd rather wait it out. Let's get ice cream while we wait. I don't wanna get in the middle of that."

"Good idea." We both laughed and ran to the small ice cream stand on the sand. You could still hear Alyssa yelling.

"Hello ladies, what can I getcha?" I looked at the woman at the stand.

"I will take a mint chocolate chip in a cone." I said.