Chapter 14

Cassie

I was sitting in my living room watching Netflix with a bowl of gummy bears when I heard the doorbell. Shoving my blanket to the ground and setting the bowl down, I ran to the door and opened it. What I wasn't expecting was to see Drew leaning against the outer door frame.

"Drew? What are you doing here?" I asked, moving to let him inside. He shrugged.

"I just wanted to see you."

My brows furrowed and I shut the door. "You just had an urge to see me so you randomly came to my house unannounced?" I asked, skeptical.

"Can't a guy show up to his friend's house unannounced because he has plans?" I obviously looked unconvinced so he sighed. "I wanted to bring you somewhere. To show you something."

"Show me what?"

"Can't tell just yet."

"Why?"

"That would ruin the surprise!" He defended.

"I hate surprises. Come on, just tell me. You're acting weird. Well, more weird than usual."

He sent a playful glare at me. "Uncalled for, but fine. So you know I sing and do guitar and write music, right?" I nodded. "Well, I got a gig at the coffee shop, and I thought that maybe it would be nice if you came. If you wanted. You obviously don't have to, but I thought-"

"Drew!" I yelled, cutting off his rambling. He looked hesitantly at me. "I'd love to watch you. And it is awesome you got a gig! How?"

"Saw a flyer for musicians to play at the coffee shop just for fun."

"Well, this is amazing. Just let me quickly get ready, and we will go."

"Yeah it starts in twenty minutes and you live fifteen minutes away." He mumbled.

My shoulders fell. "And you didn't think to come early?"

"I did! You just demanded to know what the surprise was!"

"Well, I still need to get ready."

He groaned. "You're becoming too much like Alyssa. What you're wearing is fine." I looked down at my leggings, ugg slippers, and t-shirt. "It's a coffee shop. Not a tea party with the queen. Come on!" I laughed and followed him out the door after grabbing my phone and turning off the TV.

We got in his car and drove to the coffee. I turned to face him as he drove and asked, "So what song are you singing?"

"That, I am not saying. You will figure it out when we get there." 

"Drew..."

"Nope. Not falling for it. You already ruined the surprise. I'm keeping this information from you while I can."

"You made me wear this outfit out in public. I deserve to know."

"You need to stop hanging out with my sister. I can handle one Alyssa, but never two. One is more than enough." I rolled my eyes and shoved his arm. "No shoving the driver!" I shoved him again, but this time he swerved, making me squeal. "No shoving."

"You asshole! We could have crashed."

"And it would've been your fault. Now silence until we get there." I only chuckled and waited for us to pull into the parking lot. Drew took out his guitar and we walked in. "The person in charge is over there. You go and grab a table and order something."

"Yeah. Want anything?"

"I'll order something when I finish my piece." I nodded and as he walked off, I grabbed his hand making him turn to look at me, question and fear in his eyes.