Chapter 15

Okay before I start this, real quick: I don't remember Drew's stepmom's name so it is now Jamie. Wanted to say that in case I called her a different name before -- if I did then please tell me what it was. Also, I kinda forgot about the project Drew and Cassie had to do so now some details about it changed so that whole plot line doesn't just disappear. Okay thanks!

~~~~~

Cassie

"Are you completely positive this is okay with your stepmom?" I asked Drew for like the tenth time that day. We were standing outside getting my stuff out of my car to bring into his house when I started to second guess again.

"For the final time Cassie, I'm completely, utterly, definitely positive it is okay. Jamie can't wait to really meet you and neither can my dad. Alyssa is ecstatic to have you room with her. So shut up and let's go inside because I'm cold."

"I just don't want to intrude. You didn't have to..."

"Let me stop you right there. You're right, I didn't have to go through all this trouble, which wasn't even that much, for you. I chose to. Everyone deserves a good Christmas, including you. The only thing I would change about this is you telling me before Christmas Eve. And, again for the final time, you aren't intruding."

"Okay. I get it. I'm welcome. Now let's go inside."

"Oh I wonder who had that idea." I shoved Drew aside and walked up to his door, leaving him to jog to reach me. "You know you should really rethink this whole shoving me around. I do have the power to kick you out."

"You couldn't even if you wanted to." I tease. Drew just shakes his head and leads me inside while carrying my bag. "I could've taken that, you know."

"And what? Make me look like a bad friend for letting your grab your heavy bags?" The word friend made my heart drop the slightest bit, but I chose to ignore it.

We finally get inside and I take off my coat and put it on the coat rack. Drew does the same and hauls my bag to the couch.

"Okay. We are the only ones home because my dad and Jamie are out last minute shopping and Alyssa is getting her nails done. Something about Christmas Eve photos. How about you settle in, and I make us some hot chocolate?"

"Works for me." I smile and bring my bag upstairs to Alyssa's room. Upon entering, I thought her room was going to be a total disaster but instead was met with the most organized room I've ever seen.

Her bed was shoved against the corner with tons of fluffy colorful pillows. There was a desk across the room with a bulletin board above it with tons of magazines with clothing on it but scribbles over each clothing piece, not doubt her doing. She had a full length body mirror standing in a separate corner that was next to doors, I assumed to be a closet. The weird part was that it came slightly into the room. I turned around to see another door that was slightly ajar so I could see a bathroom through the space.

I set my bag on the ground next to the desk and opened the closet door. What I saw was definitely shocking. The closet was huge! There was a counter table thing in the middle with a couch-like thing against it like something you found in a shoe store. Three walls were loaded with shelves and spaces for hanging clothes. The wall opposite of the door had cabinet doors with mirrors and most likely held stuff like jewelry. Shoe boxes filled the open shelves while some had drawers.

I exited the closet feeling like I had been in fucking Narnia and chose not to go explore the bathroom. Instead, I walked downstairs and saw Drew taking two hot chocolate mugs out of the microwave. He grabbed a cinnamon jar and put some in both and began to stir.