•5•

Holly's POV:

My top rolled up a little revealing the many bruises on my stomach. I quickly pulled it down, hoping that Tom didn't see. He stopped dead and just looked at me. His face going from laughing one minute to being deadly serious. "what was that" he said the angry yet sad tone in his voice coming in and out like waves. "Whats what?" i responded trying to pretend i didn't know he was talking about the boulder like bruises on my stomach. He reached out for my top attempting to pull it up again. I quickly jumped up off of the bed which only made the expression of madness on his face grow. "I- it's nothing" i said trying to get away.

"if it's nothing let me see" he responded challenging me.  "i- i fell down the stairs" i said coming up with an excuse for these bruises. "Holly, drop the shit. let me see" he said as i inched further away. "Holly. come on please" he said sadly.

"i love you so much, i would never hurt you. or do anything that would hurt you" he said trying to comfort me. I just stood there numbly as he walked closer to me while saying comforting words. "okay, i'm not gonna come any closer. It's up to you now. If you want to show me then you can but if you don't want to that's okay too" he said standing in the one place.

I slowly walked towards Tom as he encouraged me, like a mother encouraging her baby to take their first steps. Eventually i was standing in front of him. I hugged him tightly, it hurt a lot but i didn't care in Toms arms i was safe; no one could ever hurt me in those arms. He hugged me back and eventually i pulled out. "okay so... do you want me to see" he asked soothingly. I nodded in response.

I slowly pulled up my top to my rib-cage which was severely damaged. I had at least 4 broken ribs if not more. Not to mention my bruises. They were ridiculously bad. Tom looked at me in shock. A tear rolled down his face as he muttered under his breath "I'm gonna kill him". This made me remember.

I had been out for hours, i was terrified to go home, but i knew i had to. The outcome would be a lot worse for  everyone if i didn't. I looked Tom in the eye; tears rolling down both of our faces. I slowly backed away and whispered "i-its okay. Don't tell anyone". With that i was gone. I ran down the stairs past Toms family who were worried after seeing my tear stained face.

"Holly! Don't you dare. Stop you can't" he yelled after me running down the stairs "Holly i-" i slammed the door shut and ran across the street.

I reached out for the handle of the door, taking a deep breath. I opened the door slowly and quietly before stepping inside. Hoping that my some miracle he hadn't heard me. "WOW!YOU REALLY JUST DON'T LEARN DO YOU?!" he yelled at me practically causing me to fall over as the rage filled the room. "D..dad i'm sorry. But Tom wanted us to come round. Sam's back in town, it would be more suspicious if i didn't" i replied the stutters becoming more clear as i feel the overwhelming urge to cry. "Oh, well that's just great then" my dad said in a sarcastic tone before stepping closer to me and slapping me. This slap was rage filled, it knocked me off of my feet. And just like that i was in the same situation as yesterday.