•19•

Haz' POV:
I rushed through the long hall of the critical care unit, desperate to see my best friend who I hadn't talked to in a month. While yes, I talked to her it wasn't a proper conversation the most that was ever really said was "I need you". Today I would actually hear her voice, see her smile and hopefully hear her laugh.

I opened the door of Holly's room, seeing Holly awake was the most amazing thing in the world. Seeing her laying on that bed for the past month was heart breaking. It was enough to make even the strongest person fall apart. "Hi gorgeous" I said as I pulled up a chair beside her.
"Ummm" she said gesturing towards her hospital outfit and messy bun. I laughed hysterically.
"What's so funny" she said a huge grin on her face.
"While you were in your coma. I said 'hi gorgeous' and then I said that if you were awake you would probably do exactly what you just did there"
She laughed. Seeing a smile on her face made me feel whole again. Tom looked so happy for the first time in a month. If fact over a month.

I sat down in the chair and grabbed her hand, to which she pulled away. I looked at her extremely confused. That was the hand I had been holding non stop for a month and suddenly I could even touch it. "I..I'm sorry. I-it's just" she stuttered as a tear fell down her face. "Heyy, it's okay I get it. You're scared. No wonder. I am so sorry that your dad did this to you. But I would never hurt you" I said wiping the tear from her face. She flinched again.

The expression on Tom's face made my heart ache. The same thing had obviously happened to him. "I missed you so much" I said smiling. "Do you remember anything from the coma. Was it true what the doctors had been saying about being able to hear us" I asked genuinely curious.
"No.. that's a load of shit. I heard nothing. Honestly I didn't know I had been out for as long as I had" she replied which made Tom and I frown.
"You guys probably looked like divs taking to yourself" she said laughing.
"Yeahhhh" I said

"Well I'm gonna go and get a coffee, do you guys want anything?" Tom asked.
"Wow. Sick of me already huh?" Holly said laughing.
"Yup, you're just so boring" Tom said laughing which made us all laugh. It felt great to be the iconic trio again. Hell, we were barely even a duo with Holly gone.
"Nah I'm good" I replied to Tom's question.
"Can I have a water please? I feel like I've been on the Sahara desert" Holly said.
"Of course" Tom said walking out

As Tom closed the door behind him I quickly swapped seats which caused Holly to laugh. Man I missed the sound of that laugh. "Those wooden seats are so uncomfortable" I said which caused us to laugh more. She winced in pain. She was clearly still really sore.

"How was he?" Holly asked which made me confused. "He looks like he's not slept in a month" she said clarifying what she meant. "Oh yeah that's probably because he hasn't. He was coming here at 6 AM and then leaving at 1 AM the next morning" I said which made Holly sigh.
"For the first couple of days he didn't go home at all. He just slept here and ate the hospital food" I said which made Holly cry a little.

"It really is a shame you didn't hear what I said while you were in that coma" I said teasing
"Why what did you say" she said the curiosity getting the better of her.
"Oh you know, I just told you the biggest secret ever" I said which gained a gasp from Holly.
"Now you haveeee to tell me" she said whining
"Ooos sorry. Not my fault you weren't listening" I said laughing.

"Tom loves you, he really does. He was a mess without you, be there for him too" I said trying to look out for my best mate.
"I know. I love him too. I'm gonna be here for him"
"He was here everyday. He sat here and held your hand for hours. He spoke to you everyday and he delivered the majority of these cards to you" I said pointing to the overwhelming amount of cards on the bedside table.
"Oh my god." She said gasping.
"I know there's a lot"
"That's why he seemed so upset that I didn't hold his hand. Because he's been holding it for a month" she said finally sadness taking over her face
"Yeah but don't push yourself. If you're not ready then that's okay. No one expects you to be okay 100%" I said

"Wait... come on please tell me what you told me in the coma" she begged.
"Pleaseeee?"
"When have you ever not told me something?" She said which was a fair point.

"DO NOT TELL ANYONE" I said which made her laugh.
" who am I gonna tell? The nurses?" that, right there was yet another thing about Holly that I missed. I missed her sarcasm.

"Tom loves you" I said.
"Well no shit" she said laughing "is that it?" She said laughing. "He's been telling me that he loves me since we were 5, and I love him. Omg Haz you really got me exited for nothing"

"One month without gossip and that's what I get?!" She said which made me laugh too.

"No.. I don't think your hearing me. He's IN love with you"

Her jaw dropped.
"Wait... really?" She said almost excitedly. Until Tom walked in with Holly's water and a coffee for himself. "What we talking about?" He said.

"You" Holly laughed telling the truth, but Tom however took it as a joke.